- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
|Mass||70 tons[[Category:70 ton BattleMechs]]|
|Chassis||Type W4 Endo Steel|
|Engine||280 Fusion XL|
|Communications System||Build 1685 Tacticom|
|Targeting Tracking System||Build 2 CAT TTS|
|Heat Sinks||18 Double Heat Sinks|
|Jump Jets||BMP Series XV|
Seeking to standardize his forces and weed out non-Wolf designs, Khan Vlad Ward ordered his scientists to develop a rugged yet symbolic 'Mech for warriors of Clan Wolf to rally around. A standard BattleMech in the mold of the successful Tundra Wolf, the Blood Reaper first entered service in 3079 and went on to form a large part of the Wolves post-Jihad touman. Khan Ward overcame the stigma of a second-line machine with classic Clan posturing; by insisting that warriors truly worthy of the spirit of the Wolf would win even while being hobbled by such a design.
Sharing a similar reverse-canted leg, energy weapon arm and missile launcher torso layout as the iconic Timber Wolf, the Blood Reaper was built on a Endo Steel frame and uses a XL Engine to save weight for a heavy weapon and armor load. Slower than most front-line OmniMechs, the Blood Reaper featured an 120 meter jump capacity to help overcome this. Eighteen Double Heat Sinks provided the design adequate endurance.
Weapons and Equipment
The Blood Reaper was built around a pair of CC 6-Rack Advanced Tactical Missile Launchers, one per torso, which provided it with flexible multi-range firepower. At long range they were supported by a hard-hitting Type 22 ER PPC in each arm, while a pair of General Systems Heavy Medium Lasers offered enhanced close-range punch. A three ton ammo bay for each ATM launcher allowed the MechWarrior to carry two tons of each of three of the ATM missile types, ensuring maximum tactical flexibility in the field.
- The Blood Reaper piloted by Alaric Wolf during his Trial of Position mounted a larger 350 rated XL engine to boost its ground speed. The variant featured three Heavy Medium Lasers carried beside each ER PPC, dropping one ATM-6 for a Targeting Computer. To free up the weight for the larger engine and altered weapons array, only a single ton of ATM reloads was carried, the armor was reduced down to ten and half tons of Ferro-Fibrous plate, and the jump jets and four double heat sinks were dropped. 
- Technical Readout: 3085, pp. 164-165, "Blood Reaper"
- MUL online entry for the Blood Reaper
- Record Sheets: 3085 Print Edition, p. 83
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 235
- MUL online entry for the Blood Reaper 2 variant
- Sword of Sedition, p.
- BattleMech Manual, p. 90 Design Quirk Table - Blood Reaper.