- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- MechWarrior 5 Is On Steam & Catalyst Is Having A Sourcebook Sale
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For February, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For January, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Read more →
MechWarrior Online features the Boar's Head as one of its Hero 'Mechs. While the original (canonical) entry gives no indication that the 'Mech was anything but a stock AS-7D Atlas, the MWO Hero 'Mech variant (tentatively dated 3052) is portrayed as a heavily customized design, its alphanumerical code given as AS7-BH. It features a 400-rated XL Engine, endo steel armor, and six medium pulse lasers; the autocannon was downgraded to a AC-10 and the LRM launcher to a LRM-10, while the SRM-6 launcher was dropped entirely.
This speedier, heavily laser-based incarnation was apparently inspired by the description that Van Kleven liked to run his Atlas like a scout, criss-crossing the battlefield, and that he frequently overheated the 'Mech to the point of shutdown in the process. However, it should be noted that at the time when Van Kleven was considered a notable pilot, most of these technologies were unavailable due to lostech, and it seems exceedingly unlikely that he would have been able to obtain a refit of this magnitude by 3052, if he was even still in active service then.
- Technical Readout: 3025, p. 122 - Atlas notable pilot entry
- MechWarrior Online - PATCH NOTES - 1.2.245 - 01-OCT-2013