|X:Y Coordinates||-185.36 : 424.923[e]|
|Recharge time||187 hours|
- 1 System Description
- 2 System History
- 3 Political Affiliation
- 4 Bone-Norman II
- 4.1 Planetary History
- 4.2 Military Deployment
- 4.3 Geography
- 4.4 Planetary Locations
- 4.5 Local Fauna
- 5 Image gallery
- 6 Map Gallery
- 7 Nearby Systems
- 8 References
- 9 Bibliography
- 2571 - No record
- 2596 - No record
- 2750 - Rim Worlds Republic
- 2764 - Rim Worlds Republic
- 2765 - Rim Worlds Republic
- 2775 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2785 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2786 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2822 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2864 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2995 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 3025 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3052 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3057 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3059 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3063 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3067 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3071 - Disputed world (Clan Ice Hellion/Clan Jade Falcon)
- 3075 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3079 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3081 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3085 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3135 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3145 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3151 - Clan Jade Falcon / Clan Hell's Horses (from December)
- 3152 - Clan Hell's Horses 
|Also known as||Bone-Norman II|
|Jump Point distance||7.01 days|
|Moons||1 (Devil's Pinch)|
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||24°C (Temperate)|
|Highest native life||None|
|Landmasses||2 (Hapsburg and Renick)|
|History and Culture|
|Government and Infrastructure|
|Capital||Red Stone Palace|
Bone-Norman was a part of the Apollo Province of the Rim Worlds Republic and was conquered by the Lyran Commonwealth during the 2773–2775 Republic-Commonwealth War. A fierce resistance was swiftly and harshly suppressed by the Commonwealth which earned the eternal enmity of the Bone-Norman population.
Succession Wars Era
The Draconis Combine sent a group of unmarked 'Mechs piloted by Azami Warriors across the border in August of 2785 to attack Bone-Norman. This had the desired effect of causing the Lyran forces to react by sending troops towards the Periphery to thwart a threat that did not exist. This allowed the DCMS to take the worlds of Trolloc Prime and Gram. The raiders that struck Bone-Norman had swiftly wiped out the paramilitary militia in place on the world before rampaging through a number of cities including Red Stone, the planetary capital; some cities were plundered for supplies - both military and industrial - while others were set on fire.
At the same time, the Grave Walkers mercenary regiment was using Bone-Norman as a training world. One corporation, BioHarvest, Inc., pursuaded the mercenaries into a formal protection contract. At the same time, the Grave Walkers were secretly testing a new advanced early-warning satellite system on behalf of the Federated Commonwealth.
- See also Battle of Bone Norman (3050)
In March of 3050, Bone-Norman was targeted by Clan Jade Falcon forces as a part of their invasion of the Inner Sphere, Operation REVIVAL by the Eighth Falcon Regulars. The world was hit during the Jade Falcon's first wave of attacks. The First Regiment of the Grave Walkers was currently on world, and the FedCom's new early-warning satellite network notified the commander, Colonel Dennis Merwin, of the Jade Falcons' approach. The Clan's strategy was to decapitate resistance with a drop directly on the Red Stone Palace. Merwin ordered a fierce counterattack that devastated the Clan forces, but the Falcons were still able to break out and regroup. However, reinforcements were dispatched by the Jade Falcons, sealing the planet's fate. Bending to the reality of this mysterious invader's superior technology and skilled MechWarriors, Colonel Merwin warned the Bone-Norman planetary militia of the escalating situation, which sent them into hiding; this led to years of guerrilla warfare on the planet.
Clan Ice Hellion launched an invasion of Clan Jade Falcon holdings in the Inner Sphere in mid-3071, with Bone-Norman targeted in the early stages of the attack; however, by July the Ice Hellion invasion had bogged down, with Bone-Norman being one of the worlds still seeing heavy fighting between Ice Hellion and Jade Falcon forces. The Ice Hellions invaded Bone-Norman using the 200th Attack Cluster, also known as the Lithe Kill Keshik, commanded by saKhan Connor Rood. The Ice Hellions underestimated the resistance that the defending Eleventh Provisional Garrison Cluster would offer to the Ice Hellion invasion. Operating under the command of Star Colonel Idris, the Eleventh knew that they wouldn't be able to defeat the 200th and would be heavily outnumbered; nevertheless, the Falcons were determined to tie down Connor Rood's forces for as long as possible, in the hopes that this would cause a delay to the overall Ice Hellion timetable for their invasion of the Jade Falcon Occupation Zone.
Idris called for a Trial for control of Bone-Norman, and deliberately designated the entirity of the Hapsburg continent as his Circle of Equals. This negated the Ice Hellion fast-strike tactics, by allowing the second-line Jade Falcon units to choose their own engagements, and to mount ambushes that didn't break zellbrigen, allowing them to draw the Trial out without forfeiting. For two weeks, the Jade Falcon forces led the 200th around Bone-Norman in a series of frustrating engagements until Rood decided that he had to expose himself to draw the Jade Falcon forces out. The result was a battle on the Red Stone Plains where each force attempted to spring a trap on the other; Rood instructed a subordinate to begin a general melee, a tactic that allowed him to bring in an additional Trinary of troops that hadn't been a part of his original bid, only for Idris to bring a formation of Erinyes ProtoMechs to augment his own forces. The ProtoMechs nearly killed Rood, breaking through his cockpit and burning him badly shortly before the Hellions were able to declare the Trial a victory for themselves.
While the 200th did capture Bone-Norman, the world would remain an Ice Hellion holding for just a few weeks - the weak garrison force left behind after the 200th left were overwhelmed by the Falcon Guards.
After the Jade Falcon Occupation Zone became the anarchic Hinterlands, Bone-Norman was taken over by an unknown faction who destroyed the Falcon paramilitary garrison and killed the civilian caste governing members. Landing in December 3151, elements of Clan Hell's Horses found evidence of the fighting and were attacked themselves, although the mountain base that served as the planet's command center was deserted by the time the Horses breached it.
Bone-Norman is known as a "desolate" and "haunting" world. It is dominated by a single large landmass, Hapsburg, along with a smaller one, Renick, and handful of islands. The geography is dictated by a challenging phenomenon: the exceptionally dense moon causes powerful tidal forces.
Hapsburg is characterized by a sharp mountain range, the ore-rich Rückens, along the west. Between the mountains and the ocean is a intertidal zone extending for hundreds of meters. The ocean hurls strong winds into the mountains and beyond. The interior is a vast hilly badlands, scoured by wind and eroded into howling channels, rumored to drive men insane. The badlands eventually give way to rolling plains of blue grass and forests of "werewillows" - native trees adapted to the high winds and containing high amounts of heavy metals that interfere with sensors.
Renick is a much smaller continent with a lower elevation but fertile land. Every five years the entire landmass is submerged by tidal flooding.
The planet's harsh conditions are made bearable with large engineering projects, from massive seawalls, flood management, to stilt-mounted buildings. There is, unfortunately, no engineering solution for the ceaseless winds. Perhaps due to the many hardships Bone-Normanites must endure, they have a centuries-spanning reputation as particularly surly and ill-tempered.
|Closest 28 systems (26 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
|Vulture's Nest||56.8||Koskenkorva||57.3||Last Chance||58.1||Botany Bay||58.6|
- Touring the Stars: Bone-Norman, p. 4: "Atlas - Bone-Norman"
- Tamar Rising, poster map
- Tamar Rising, p. 72
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 25
- Touring the Stars: Bone-Norman, p. 4
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 18
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37
- Field Manual: SLDF: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 37
- House Kurita, p. 55
- First Succession War, pp. 24–25
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 36
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, pp. 122–123
- First Succession War, pp. 112–113
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 40
- Vision's Hunger
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 47
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 56
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 59
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 132
- Era Report: 3052, p. 10
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 61
- Era Report: 3052, p. 22
- Era Report: 3062, p. 10
- Objective Raids, p. 58: "Unit Note"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 28
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 70
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 16: "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64
- Field Report: Clans, p. 26
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 62
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii: "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 10
- Era Report: 3145, p. 38
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Shattered Fortress, pp. 102–103
- Tamar Rising, p. 60: "The Ground Trembles at the Horde's Approach"
- Touring the Stars: Bone-Norman, p. 5
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 53: "Bujitsu"
- First Succession War, p. 21: "The Commonwealth Incursions"
- Jade Falcon Sourcebook, p. 36: "Bone Norma"
- Touring the Stars: Bone-Norman, p. 6
- Touring the Stars: Bone-Norman, p. 7: "Bone-Norman"
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 118: "Unit Deployment Table"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 45: "Operation GÖTTERDÄMMERUNG"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 140: "Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update, p. 25: "Federated Commonwealth Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 154: "Crusader Clans Deployment Table"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 15: "Clan Jade Falcon Deployment Status"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 169: "Clan Force Deployments - Clan Jade Falcon"
- 20 Year Update
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Report: Clans
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Handbook: Major Periphery States
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth)
- Jade Falcon Sourcebook
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1
- Objective Raids
- Shattered Fortress
- Touring the Stars: Bone-Norman