Bone-Norman nearby systems
|X:Y Coordinates||-185.36 : 424.923[e]|
|Recharge time||187 hours|
- 1 System Description
- 2 System History
- 3 Political Affiliation
- 4 Bone-Norman II
- 5 Military Deployment
- 6 Geography
- 7 Image gallery
- 8 Map Gallery
- 9 Nearby Systems
- 10 References
- 11 Bibliography
- 2571 - No record
- 2596 - No record
- 2750 - Rim Worlds Republic
- 2764 - Rim Worlds Republic
- 2765 - Rim Worlds Republic
- 2775 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2785 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2786 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2822 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2864 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2995 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 3025 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3052 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3057 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3059 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3063 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3067 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3071 - Disputed world (Clan Ice Hellion/Clan Jade Falcon)
- 3075 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3079 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3081 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3085 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3135 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3145 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3151 - Clan Jade Falcon 
- 3152 - Clan Hell's Horses
Bone-Norman Orbital view
|Moons||1 (Devil's Pinch)|
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||24°C (Temperate)|
|Highest native life||None|
|Capital||Red Stone (2785)|
Bone-Norman was a part of the Apollo Province of the Rim Worlds Republic and was conquered by the Lyran Commonwealth during the 2773-2775 Republic-Commonwealth War. A fierce resistance was swiftly and harshly suppressed by the Commonwealth which earned the eternal enmity of the Bone-Norman population.
Succession Wars Era
The Draconis Combine sent a group of unmarked 'Mechs piloted by Azami Warriors across the border in August of 2785 to attack Bone-Norman. This had the desired effect of causing the Lyran forces to react by sending troops towards the Periphery to thwart a threat that did not exist. This allowed the DCMS to take the worlds of Trolloc Prime and Gram. The raiders that struck Bone-Norman had swiftly wiped out the paramilitary militia in place on the world before rampaging through a number of cities including Red Stone, the planetary capital; some cities were plundered for supplies - both military and industrial - while others were set on fire.
At the same time, the Grave Walkers mercenary regiment was using Bone-Norman as a training world. One corporation, BioHarvest, Inc., pursuaded the mercenaries into a formal protection contract. At the same time, the Grave Walkers were secretly testing a new advanced early-warning satellite system on behalf of the Federated Commonwealth.
In March of 3050 Bone-Norman was targeted by Clan Jade Falcon forces as a part of their invasion of the Inner Sphere, Operation REVIVAL. The world was hit during the Jade Falcon's first wave of attacks. The 1st Regiment of the Grave Walkers was currently on world, and the FedCom's new early warning satellite network notified the commander, Colonel Dennis Merwin, of the Jade Falcons' approach. The Clan's strategy was to decapitate resistance with a drop directly on the Red Stone Palace. Merwin ordered a fierce counterattack that devastated the Clan forces, but the Falcons were still able to break out and regroup. However, reinforcements were dispatched by the Jade Falcons, sealing the planet's fate. Bending to the reality of this mysterious invader's superior technology and skilled MechWarriors, Colonel Merwin warned the Bone-Norman planetary militia of the escalating situation, which sent them into hiding; this lead to years of guerrilla warfare on the planet.
Clan Ice Hellion launched an invasion of the Clan Jade Falcon holdings in the Inner Sphere in mid-3071, with Bone-Norman targeted in the early stages of the attack; however, by July the Ice Hellion invasion had bogged down, with Bone-Norman being one of the worlds still seeing heavy fighting between Ice Hellion and Jade Falcon forces. The Ice Hellions invaded Bone-Norman using the 200th Attack Cluster, also known as the Lithe Kill Keshik, commanded by saKhan Connor Rood. The Ice Hellions underestimated the resistance that the defending Eleventh Provisional Garrison Cluster would offer to the Ice Hellion invasion. Operating under the command of Star Colonel Idris, the Eleventh knew that they wouldn't be able to defeat the 200th and would be heavily outnumbered; nevertheless, the Falcons were determined to tie down Connor Rood's forces for as long as possible, in the hopes that this would cause a delay to the overall Ice Hellion timetable for their invasion of the Jade Falcon Occupation Zone.
Idris called for a Trial for control of Bone-Norman, and deliberately designated the entirity of the Hapsburg continent as his Circle of Equals. This negated the Ice Hellion fast-strike tactics, by allowing the second-line Jade Falcon units to choose their own engagements, and to mount ambushes that didn't break zellbrigen, allowing them to draw the Trial out without forfeiting. For two weeks, the Jade Falcon forces led the 200th around Bone-Norman in a series of frustrating engagements until Rood decided that he had to expose himself to draw the Jade Falcon forces out. The result was a battle on the Red Stone Plains where each force attempted to spring a trap on the other; Rood instructed a subordinate to begin a general melee, a tactic that allowed him to bring in an additional Trinary of troops that hadn't been a part of his original bid, only for Idris to bring a formation of Erinyes ProtoMechs to augment his own forces. The ProtoMechs nearly killed Rood, breaking through his cockpit and burning him badly shortly before the Hellions were able to declare the Trial a victory for themselves.
While the 200th did capture Bone-Norman, the world would remain an Ice Hellion holding for just a few weeks - the weak garrison force left behind after the 200th left were overwhelmed by the Falcon Guards.
- Grave Walkers
- First Grave Walkers
- Grave Walkers
- First Grave Walkers
- Grave Walkers
- First Grave Walkers
- Grave Walkers
- First Grave Walkers
Bone-Norman is known as a "desolate" and "haunting" world. It is dominated by a single large landmass, Hapsburg, along with a smaller one, Renick, and handful of islands. The geography is dictated by a challenging phenomenon: the exceptionally dense moon causes powerful tidal forces.
Hapsburg is characterized by a sharp mountain range, the ore-rich Rückens, along the west. Between the mountains and the ocean is a intertidal zone extending for hundreds of meters. The ocean hurls strong winds into the mountains and beyond. The interior is a vast hilly badlands, scoured by wind and eroded into howling channels, rumored to drive men insane. The badlands eventually give way to rolling plains of blue grass and forests of "werewillows" - native trees adapted to the high winds and containing high amounts of heavy metals that interfere with sensors.
Renick is a much smaller continent with a lower elevation but fertile land. Every five years the entire landmass is submerged by tidal flooding.
The planet's harsh conditions are made bearable with large engineering projects, from massive seawalls, flood management, to stilt-mounted buildings. There is, unfortunately, no engineering solution for the ceaseless winds. Perhaps due to the many hardships Bone-Normanites must endure, they have a centuries-spanning reputation as particularly surly and ill-tempured.
- Red Stone City: the planetary capital city.
- Red Stone Palace: site of a battle during Operation REVIVAL.
|Closest 28 systems (26 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
|Vulture's Nest||56.8||Koskenkorva||57.3||Last Chance||58.1||Botany Bay||58.6|
- Touring the Stars: Bone-Norman, p. 4: "Atlas - Bone-Norman"
- Tamar Rising, poster map
- Era Report: 3145, p. 38: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 25: "Rim Worlds Republic At the Fall of the Star League -  Map"
- Touring the Stars: Bone-Norman, p. 4
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 18: "Rim Worlds Republic after Age of War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25: "Lyran Commonwealth after Age of Wars -  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 37: "The Republic-Commonwealth War"
- House Kurita, p. 55: "Bujitsu"
- First Succession War, pp. 24–25: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 36: "Lyran Commonwealth after First Succession War -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, pp. 122–123: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War, pp. 112–113: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 40: "Lyran Commonwealth after Second Succession War -  Map"
- Vision's Hunger
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 47: "Lyran Commonwealth after Third Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 56: "Lyran Commonwealth after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 59: "Lyran Commonwealth after War of 3039 -  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 132: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 10: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 61: "Lyran Commonwealth after Clan Invasion -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 22: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 10: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Objective Raids, p. 58: "Unit Note"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 28: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 70: "Lyran Commonwealth after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 16: "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 23: "Deployment Map - "
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 62: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii: "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 10: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Shattered Fortress, p. 102-103: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War, p. 21: "The Commonwealth Incursions"
- Touring the Stars: Bone-Norman, p. 5
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 53: "Bujitsu"
- Jade Falcon Sourcebook, p. 36: Bone-Norman - World under siege by Clan Jade Falcon and the outcome.
- Touring the Stars: Bone-Norman, p. 6
- Touring the Stars: Bone-Norman, p. 7: "Bone-Norman"
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 118: "Unit Deployment Table"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 45: "Operation GÖTTERDÄMMERUNG"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 140: "Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update, p. 25: "Federated Commonwealth Deployment Table"
- Jade Falcon Sourcebook, p. 36
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 154: "Crusader Clans Deployment Table"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 15: "Clan Jade Falcon Deployment Status"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 169: "Clan Force Deployments - Clan Jade Falcon"
- 20 Year Update
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Report: Clans
- First Succession War (sourcebook)
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Handbook: Major Periphery States
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth)
- Jade Falcon Sourcebook
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1
- Objective Raids
- Shattered Fortress
- Touring the Stars: Bone-Norman