|Manufacturer||Niles Industriplex Epsilon|
|'Mech type||Clan BattleMech|
|Chassis||Type BMH-7 Endo Steel|
|Armor||Forged Type HH34 Standard with CASE|
|Engine||Fusion 350 extralight|
|Communications System||CH4M with Pattern Iota ECM Suite|
|Targeting Tracking System||Version Omega-IX TTS|
|Heat Sinks||14 Double Heat Sinks|
The Bowman first saw production in 2960 as Clan Hell's Horses started a crash program to build defensive BattleMechs following the fall of Tokasha MechWorks to Clan Ghost Bear in 2921. Now a rare sight on the battlefield, the Bowman began its life as an artillery platform mounting a pair of Arrow IV artillery systems. However, this configuration never met with success, due mostly to Clan biases against indirect warfare. Therefore, the Bowman was modified to its present "standard" configuration in 2973. Still unpopular with Clan warriors, the Bowman is primarily utilized by Clan Hell's Horses.
Weapons and Equipment
The Bowman utilizes an XL engine to maintain its rapid pace, as well an Endo Steel internal structure to save weight. An ECM Suite protects it from some forms of electronic warfare, while twelve and a half tons of armor protect it from weapons fire. The primary armament on the Bowman is a Class 16 Arrow IV Artillery launcher. Enough ammunition is included to allow for various types to be utilized. Though the original design incorporated two artillery pieces, the modern version accedes to modern demands by utilizing a Type XX "Long Bow" LRM-20, though it has a limited amount of ammunition. Three Series 7Ja ER Medium Lasers are meant for anti-vehicle use, while two Anti-Personnel Pods on each leg keep conventional infantry at bay. Fourteen double heat sinks keep heat levels down for the most part.
- Bowman 3
- Introduced during the Jihad, this variant of the Bowman replaces the Arrow IV with a HAG/20 supplied with three tons of ammunition. The LRM system has been replaced with an ATM-9 and three tons of ammo. The ER Medium Lasers in the left arm are joined by another in the right torso, while the A-Pods have been replaced by a pair of B-Pods. The Bowman 3 carries an advanced Targeting Computer to enhance its weapon fire and uses ferro-fibrous armor for increased protection. BV(2.0)=2,770
- In German products, the unit's proper name was translated to Bogenschütze.
Original Bowman from TRO:3067
- MUL online date for the Bowman
- Technical Readout: 3067, p. 125
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 216
- MUL online date for the Bowman (Prototype)
- Technical Readout: 3067, p. 124
- Combat Operations, p. 114
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 217
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 218
- MUL online entry for Bowman
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 219
- BattleMech Manual, p. 90 Design Quirk Table - Bowman.