- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
- This article is about a tank. For the military operation that destroyed Clan Smoke Jaguar, see Operation Bulldog.
|Manufacturer|| Bulldog Enterprises,|
|Engine||240 Bulldog ICE|
|Targeting Tracking System||Xilex-2000 T&T|
Bulldog Enterprises was a well-known manufacturer of civilian vehicles that tried to break into the huge market for military hardware by producing the Bulldog Main Battle Tank. As the market for heavy vehicles was already largely saturated with well-constructed tanks, the Bulldog was not the economic success the company hoped for, despite its more than adequate firepower. It is worth noting that Bulldog Enterprises developed the tank's main weapon all by themselves to keep costs down. This is quite remarkable, given that it was producing strictly non-military hardware prior to the Bulldog.
The Bulldog could be called a "Jack of all trades", featuring a classic layout of one main gun and a few secondary weapons. Its speed is not exceptional and its protection of six and a half tons of standard armor is anything but ample. On the other hand, it is easy to repair and said to be a reliable and cheap asset for any field commander that needs a backbone for his vehicle forces.
The tank's sales were poor initially, and the Bulldog was meant to take advantage of the Star League Defense Force's build-up in late twenty-sixth century to finally produce a richer cash flow. In 2700, Bulldog Enterprises licensed rights to produce the tank to Quikscell Company, hoping that interested royalties would boost their sagging sales.
It survived the Succession Wars due to its low cost and easily accessible replacement parts.
Weapons and Equipment
The Large Laser is the tank's main gun. It has decent range and striking power, but critics note that mounting such a large energy weapon on an ICE-powered vehicle is a waste of tonnage. Two SRM-4-racks, supplied with two tons of ammunition, are reliable back-ups and the Hovertech Quad is well-known throughout the Inner Sphere. The Machine Gun mounted in the vehicle's front was developed by Bulldog Enterprises as well and is operated by the driver.
- Technical Readout: 3039, p. 68 - Bulldog licensing its tank to Quikscell try to increase its sales.
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 55
- Technical Readout: 3026 Revised, pp. 62-63
- Technical Readout: 3039, pp. 68-69