Burrows' Crashing Thunder Regiment
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Read more →
|Burrows' Crashing Thunder Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 3024)|
|CO||Commander Stephen Burrows|
Employed by House Davion, they were credited with winning the battle of Travis V in the summer of 3024, where their Stalkers bypassed enemy defensive positions that had been set up along roadways by punching straight invasion paths into the city of Weehawken right through the buildings, with the rest of the unit following behind and destroyed isolated resistance nests in short order. They were also involved in the conquest of Pike IV which was taken from House Kurita. These two events were subsequently celebrated by the unit in Maloof's Tavern on Rahway II, where Commander Burrows proposed a toast to the victories and proclaimed they should never fight in another city.
(Another unit, the 42nd Armored Lightning Regiment, was also present at Maloof's Tavern and mourned the heavy losses they had taken on Pike IV, suggesting they fought alongside Burrows' Crashing Thunder Regiment in the same action.)
An apparently recent event that happened on Torwind and was also mentioned at Maloof's Tavern (and thus implicitly happened on Pike IV or Travis V, suggesting Torwind may be a continent or otherwise a region on one of these planets) was that Lt. Razowski's lance of Burrows' Crashing Thunder Regiment won a battle against a few 'Mechs from Homer's Battalion near New Lodi, and subsequently had their armor patched up with metal sheets taken from truck trailers still featuring product logos and text such as "LARD" in big yellow letters, or "SpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpam". One MechWarrior Williams held a lasting grudge against the mischievous techs as the legs and rigth torso of his 'Mech read "Processed Chicken".
|Commanding Officers of Burrows' Crashing Thunder Regiment|
- Leutenant Razowski (pilots a Wolverine)
- Williams (pilots unspecified BattleMech)
- Kilmer (pilots a Warhammer)
- Frank Krieger and Abby Farber, the "best technicians around"
A veteran MechWarrior from the unit told a rookie about one Kim Howard from Fink's Lance, though it remains unclear if that lance was part of Burrows' Crashing Thunder Regiment. Similarly, veteran Neil Armstrong Edlemann, Scott Markwell, Rifleman pilot Tony Barnes, and Medium Lance Commander Jones are mentioned and may or may not be unit members.
- The name is evidently taken from the unit commander's name, Stephen Burrows. They were misspelled as "Burrow's Crashing Thunder Regiment" in Life in the Big City, but correctly otherwise.
- CityTech rulebook, p. 3 - "A Tale of Two Cities"
- Life in the Big City
- Technical Readout: 3025, p. 116 (Stalker entry, "Battle History" section)