- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- Read more →
- This article is about melee weapon from Unbound. For the brand name of AMS, see Anti-Missile System.
The Buzzsaw is a piece of construction equipment that occasionally found its way into the arenas of Solaris.
The Buzzsaw was used on certain arena 'Mechs to inflict damage on an opponent instead of a punch or other physical attack. It replaced the hand of the 'Mech equipped with it.
The Buzzsaw was introduced in Unbound, which specifically states that the Buzzsaw was not suitable for tournament play and didn't introduce the weapon into general use. The Buzzsaw was likely replaced by the Chainsaw and Dual Saw in TechManual.
The Buzzsaw replaced the hand actuator, occupied two critical slots in the arm, weighed four tons, and generated three points of heat. Though it inflicted 2D6 points of damage, it would shatter and be useless on a to-hit roll of 2.
- Unbound, p. 64, "New Tech"
- Unbound, p. 70, "Buzz Saw"