- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
|X:Y Coordinates||-689.778 : 1152.488[e]|
- 2830 - Nueva Castile 
- 2855 - Umayyad Caliphate 
- 3079 - Nueva Castile 
- 3080 - Escorpión Imperio 
- 3086 - Escorpión Imperio 
In April 3074 Clan Goliath Scorpion were in increasingly dire straits due to the effects of the Wars of Reaving and the Society uprising. Having Absorbed the surviving elements of Clan Fire Mandrill and Clan Ice Hellion, Khan Ariel Suvorov and the newly-appointed saKhan Connor Rood agreed that the Goliath Scorpions needed to expand beyond the holdings in the Clan Homeworlds, and that the most effective way to do this would be to undertake the rapid conquest of an existing Deep Periphery state, rather than through attemping inherently riskier exploration missions.
Assigned Beta Galaxy and an escort of three WarShips - the Congress-class frigate CGS Bernlad, the Potemkin-class cruiser CGS Karttikeya and the Goliath Scorpion flagship, the McKenna-class battleship CGS Lei Kung - Rood was dispatched to gather intelligence on Nueva Castile. The task force took some damage on the journey to Neuva Castile, encountering the bandit-operated Black Lion-class battlecruiser Streaking Mist as it looted supplies from the facilities at Waypoint 351. The supplies - material originally used by the Word of Blake in Nueva Castile and gathered together by the last Blakist Precentor to command the facilities in the system - had featured in Rood's plans, and the Streaking Mist had managed to remove half the supplies, but Rood gathered up the remaining equipment and had the First Cateran Cluster equipped with the inferior (by Clan standards) 'Mechs and vehicles.
A Trinary from the First Cateran Cluster was then dispatched to the Córdoba system, carefully arriving away from the normal jump points. The First spent the three-week journey to the planet monitoring radio broadcasts to gain intelligence, and once grounded, split up and raided a number of settlements on the surface. The only significant action was faced by the Trinary command Star, which encountered and swiftly defeated two lances of primitive vehicles and 'Mechs; the First rounded up a number of local leaders and then returned to their DropShip and departed the system, while a similar raid was being conducted on Valencia; in all, Rood's task force raided six different worlds within Nueva Castile by the end of September 3074.
The Scorpions returned to Nueva Castile in January 3080, invading en masse with the surviving elements of their touman; the Scorpions Rho Galaxy landed on Córdoba and discovered that the resident Umayyad Second Corps and the Castilian Second Brigada were already fighting each other over an unrelated but trivial matter. Rho Galaxy simply rolled over both units and stripped both sides of their weapons.
The Scorpions subsequently established the Escorpión Imperio in conjunction with the Caliphate and the Principalities in an effort to forge an integrated nation akin to the Ghost Bear Dominion, but the process was far from smooth; in addition to resentment from some segments of the population and a number of riots, there was also evidence of an underground resistance movement intended to overthrow the Scorpions, a movement possibly responsible for the assassination of Merchant Factor Hector on Cordoba during a trade delegation being held with a number of Castilian union leaders on Córdoba.
- - At this point in time all Castilian Principalities units are operating at 90% of full strength, with 15% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
- - At this point in time all Umayyad Caliphate units are operating at 75% of full strength, with 10% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
As information on Nueva Castile is sparse, the designation "Nueva Castile" has been used to show the political affiliation of Córdoba until a source confirms whether the world is currently a part of the Castilian Principalities or the Umayyad Caliphate in any given year.
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
- Wars of Reaving, p. 158-160, "Escorpión Imperio (Periphery Nation)"
- Field Report: Periphery, p. 24, "Last Known Deep Periphery Deployment Map"
- Explorer Corps, p. 58, "Nueva Castile"
- Wars of Reaving, p. 129, "Scorpion Gambit"
- Wars of Reaving, p. 129-130, "The Goliath Deception"
- Wars of Reaving, p. 128, "Stellar System Waypoint 351"
- Field Report: Periphery, p. 18, "Last Known Deep Periphery Deployment Map"