- Your BattleTech News Round-Up For August, 2023
- Community Outreach - Locust Labs And Creating The Hunchback For Tex Talks BattleTech
- An Ode To Light 'Mechs: Why BattleTech Needs More Light 'Mech Love
- Bad 'Mechs - Ostscout
- It's The Economy, Stupid! Understanding And Comparing MechWarrior 5 In Its Historical And Economic Context
- Read more →
|C-790 Protector High-Speed Medevac|
Air Cargo Transport
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Chassis Type (Size)||Fixed-Wing (Medium)|
|Fuel (Type/Range)||Petrochemical/460 km|
|Targeting Tracking System||Unspecified|
|Barrier Armor Rating (BAR)||6|
The C-790 Protector debuted in the late 2990s. It was designed to support battlefield medical units, evacuating injured troops out of combat zones to safer rear area hospitals. It accomplished this mission with a combination of speed and accessibility. It can cruise at speed of 900 km/h with a maximum velocity of Mach 3, while its STOL ability allows it to reach forward aid stations and thus reduce the travel time for casualties.
Equipment and Capabilities
- The Free Worlds League and Draconis Combine have homegrown designs that match the Protector's specifications.