- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3085)|
|Parent Formation||Magistracy Armed Forces|
The brigade has a colorful history of loyal service to Canopus. During the great conflicts like the Reunification War of the Amaris Crises the individual regiments saw a lot of actions. Even with such circumstances the brigade remain loyal and fought against many external threats.
The regiments were effectively destroyed in the Reunification War, but during the conflict they developed a reputation for being tenacious fighters. They were reformed in the years that followed, and the surviving officers and troops were able to instill that tenacity in the new regiments. During the Star League era they were deployed when long-term campaigns away from support were anticipated. At this time the regiments were typically organized as a single battalion of heavy 'Mechs supported by two battalions of medium 'Mechs, supported by a large contingent of support vehicles.
In the Jihad the Canopian Fusiliers defended their worlds with skill, but suffered heavy losses. The First Canopian Fusiliers fought forces from the former Free Worlds League, while the other two regiments fought the Word of Blake in the Magistracy itself. The Second in particular took heavy losses from the Word. The Third was actually forced out of Capellan Confederation space during Operation SOVEREIGN JUSTICE, and then spent the rest of the Jihad defending the core of the Magistracy from the 42nd Shadow Division.
After the Jihad ended, the member regiments of the Fusiliers lost their skills. To remedy this, they were assigned to allied nations to participate in defensive operations.
|Commanding Officers of the Canopian Fusiliers|
Different per Unit.
Units of the Canopian Fusiliers
- First Canopian Fusiliers
- Second Canopian Fusiliers
- Third Canopian Fusiliers
- Fourth Canopian Fusiliers
Color Scheme and Unit Insignia
- The Periphery (sourcebook), p. 98
- Field Report 2765: Periphery, p. 15
- Field Manual: 3085, pp. 138-139
- Field Manual: 3145, pp. 192-193
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 139
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 200, "Canopian Fusiliers"