Capolla nearby systems
|X:Y Coordinates||8.003 : -41.409[e]|
The Capolla system was the location of at least one habitable world, Capolla VI, and as of 3145 was located in the Republic of the Sphere.
- 1 System Description
- 2 System History
- 3 Political Affiliation
- 4 Capolla VI
- 4.1 Planetary History
- 4.2 Planetary Rulers
- 4.3 Military Deployment
- 4.4 Geography
- 4.5 Planetary Locations
- 4.6 Industrial Centers
- 5 Map Gallery
- 6 Nearby Systems
- 7 References
- 8 Bibliography
The Capolla system is located close to the Brownsville and Elgin systems and consisted of a class F6VI primary orbited by nine planets.
The Capolla system was colonized during or shortly after the First Exodus from Terra, following the discovery of the habitable world of Capolla VI in the twenty-second century.
- 2271 - Inhabited world
- 2366 - Terran Hegemony
- 2571 - Terran Hegemony
- 2596 - Terran Hegemony
- 2750 - Terran Hegemony
- 2765 - Terran Hegemony
- 2771 - Amaris Empire
- 2774 - Amaris Empire
- 2784 - Terran Hegemony
- 2785 - Capellan Confederation
- 2786 - Capellan Confederation
- 2822 - Capellan Confederation
- 3025 - Capellan Confederation
- 3029 - Tikonov Free Republic (from March)
- 3030 - Tikonov Free Republic
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3057 - Terracap Confederation
- 3063 - Terracap Confederation
- 3067 - Terracap Confederation
- 3072 - Word of Blake Protectorate
- 3075 - Word of Blake Protectorate
- 3081 - Republic of the Sphere
- 3085 - Republic of the Sphere
- 3135 - Republic of the Sphere
- 3145 - Republic of the Sphere
- 3150 - Capellan Confederation
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Birds|
|Ruler||Ryan Dimaggio, Governor (3130)|
Erin Hwang, Legate (3130)
Capolla VI - more commonly known simply as Capolla - is the sixth planet of nine in the Capolla system and has a single moon named Nobel.
Capolla had a long and productive relationship with the neighboring world of Terra Firma. The two worlds often worked together to meet their mutual needs. Capolla's large ore deposits and other raw materials made it well-suited for industrial production. Combined with Terra Firma's agricultural output the two worlds formed a strong economic block in their area. Their economic power was so great that they were given significant freedom of action when they joined the Terran Hegemony.
This relative independence would be honored by every interstellar power who later tried to claim the two worlds; Capolla was one of some fifty-one heavily contested worlds to have been placed under Terran Hegemony authority as a jointly administered world during the Age of War or Star League era. During the First Succession War Capolla once more became a flashpoint between the Free Worlds League and Capellan Confederation.
Third Succession War
In the last decade of the Third Succession War, the Black Inferno mercenary unit pillaged sites all around the Inner Sphere, driving people from their lands to unearth lost Star League facilities. One of their stops was in Marik space near the Liao border, creating an international crisis when refugees had no choice but to cross into Liao territory. The local governor on Hsien refused to allow them passage home, prompting Marik to hire a mercenary group to assassinate the governor to teach House Liao a lesson and open up the border. Instead, Liao doubled down and launched raids against border posts, forcing Marik to respond in kind and destroy a urban military logistics center on Capolla to weaken the CCAF enough to allow the refugees to return.
Fourth Succession War
Following negotiations between Colonel Pavel Ridzik, chief military advisor to Chancellor Maximilian Liao, and AFFS Lieutenant General Ardan Sortek, conducted in February 3029 Ridzik created a new nation, the Tikonov Free Republic. The Republic was created by incorporating those worlds of the Tikonov Commonality that hadn't already been conquered during the first half of the Fourth Succession War. Ridzik returned to Elgin, the new capital of the Tikonov Free Republic, on the 3rd of March 3029 and swiftly began implementing a new government consisting of family members, friends and other appointees loyal to himself, purging dissident elements on the various Republic worlds and taking the opportunity to settle old scores. Capolla was one of the systems incorporated into the Republic.
After the chaos of Operation GUERRERO Terra Firma and Capolla joined forces to form the Terracap Confederation. This small organization existed until the Word of Blake established their Protectorate and encouraged the two worlds to join. Even the Blakists only administered the world with a light hand. In exchange however the Capollians allowed the Blakists to station troops and build "reeducation centers" on the world. The Capollians studiously ignored the rumors and rumblings that came from those facilities for most of the Jihad.
An interview conducted by Cristen Gardner of MERCNET in early 3077 gave the mercenary unit Deliah's Gauntlet the opportunity to speak about the incorporation of Capolla into the Protectorate, and the reasons behind the Gauntlet fleeing from Capolla in 3076. Finn indicated that the Blakists had initially treated the population and the mercenaries well, giving the population substantial liberties and a feeling of freedom, but from 3072 onwards the Word had actively cultivated a restrictive, paranoid attitude among the population, similar to that of the days when Capolla had been a part of the Capellan Confederation. This reached a peak in 3075, when paranoia and suspicion combined with rumors of the presence of weapons of mass destruction led elements of the civilian population and local Militia to treat the resident population from the One Star Faith as scapegoats, based on the advanced technology the Faithful possessed.
Having struck against the Faithful, the Militia then mustered to attack the Gauntlet, who managed to flee into the jungle before the Militia engaged. Supported with supplies and information from the local population, the Gauntlet managed to fight a guerrilla war against the Militia forces, avoiding major confrontations and engagements, until the Militia massed to strike against them. The Gauntlet defeated the militia at the cost of a lance of their own 'Mechs and one of their MechWarriors; the Gauntlet then managed to seize a Union-class DropShip from the Militia and escape off world, although they were unable to rescue the surviving One Star Faithful left on Capolla.
When Operation SCOUR came to the world, the militia split nearly evenly down pro-Blakist and anti-Blakist lines. The resulting combat heavily damaged the cities, which required significant rebuilding.
In a deal between Clan Sea Fox and the Republic of the Sphere a factory to produce ClanTech units, specifically the Roadrunner but potentially others, was inaugurated in 3112. It was scheduled to pass from Sea Fox control to Republic regulations in 3127. Capolla was captured by the Capellan Confederation during Operation BÀOYÌNG in 3150
- Provost General Maxwell Young
- Governor Ryan Dimaggio
- Planetary Legate Erin Hwang
- Deliah's Gauntlet (Company)
- Deliah's Gauntlet (Company)
Capolla has four major landmasses; two of these continents, Dominus and Konowalchuk, lie on the equator, while Matlabor is at the south pole. The fourth continent, New Australia, is a large island continent located in the northern hemisphere. Much of the three warmer continents on Capolla are covered with jungles.
In the MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Campaign Mission "Collateral Damage," Capolla is depicted as a lush canyon biome with good visibility.
- Parisia: a notable city located on New Australia and home to Thaddeus Enterprises.
- Stockdale: the planetary capital city, located on either Dominus or Konowalchuk.
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 1.25 1.26 1.27 Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 236: "Capolla"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Era Report: 3145, p. 39
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Field Manual: 3145, p. VI: "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Era Report: 2750, p. 37
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Handbook: House Liao, p. 13
- ↑ Handbook: House Marik, p. 16
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 25
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 159
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 138
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 118
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Historical: Liberation of Terra, Volume 2, p. 118: "Jointly Administered Worlds"
- ↑ First Succession War, p. 25
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, pp. 122–123
- ↑ First Succession War, p. 113
- ↑ Handbook: House Davion, p. 70
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, pp. 16–17
- ↑ NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 16
- ↑ Handbook: House Davion, p. 72
- ↑ NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 94
- ↑ Handbook: House Davion, p. 76
- ↑ Historical: War of 3039, p. 133
- ↑ Era Report: 3052, p. 11
- ↑ Era Report: 3052, p. 23
- ↑ Era Report: 3062, p. 11
- ↑ Era Report: 3062, p. 29
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43
- ↑ 28.0 28.1 28.2 28.3 Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 22
- ↑ Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63
- ↑ Field Manual: 3085, p. 127
- ↑ Era Report: 3145, p. 11
- ↑ 33.0 33.1 Shattered Fortress, p. 64
- ↑ 34.0 34.1 34.2 Dark Age: Republic of the Sphere, p. 22: "Prefecture IX"
- ↑ 35.0 35.1 MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries, Campaign Mission 7: "Collateral Damage"
- ↑ Experimental Technical Readout: Republic, Volume 1, p. 3
- ↑ BattleCorps: INN Newscast (Solaris Broadcasting Co. section), news item published [12/08/3068]: "Arboris, Caph, Capolla Join Word"
- ↑ First Succession War, p. 135: "First Succession War Deployment Table - CCAF"
- ↑ Chaos March, p. 20: "Unit Note"
- ↑ 40.0 40.1 Mercenaries Supplemental, p. 66: "Mercenary Deployment Table"
- ↑ Mercenaries Supplemental II, p. 65: "Mercenary Deployment Table"
- ↑ Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 110: "Word of Blake Mercenary Deployment"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Sports: Terra, p. 57: "Chaos Eternal: Watershed"
- ↑ Historical: Wars of the Republic Era, p. 86
- ↑ Field Manual: 3145, p. 144: "Republic Armed Forces - Hastati Sentinels"
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3145 Republic of the Sphere, p. 28: "JLP-BD Jackalope"
- ↑ Experimental Technical Readout: Republic, Volume 1, p. 3: "RD-1R Roadrunner (Emerald Harrier)"
- BattleCorps Solaris Broadcasting Co., 12/08/3068: "Arboris, Caph, Capolla Join Word"
- Chaos March
- Dark Age: Republic of the Sphere
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Experimental Technical Readout: Republic, Volume 1
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Davion
- Handbook: House Liao
- Handbook: House Marik
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries (video game)
- Mercenaries Supplemental
- Mercenaries Supplemental II
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2
- Technical Readout: 3145 Republic of the Sphere
- Sources needing updates
- Amaris Empire Systems
- Capellan Confederation Systems
- Chaos March Systems
- Federated Commonwealth Systems
- Federated Suns Systems
- Independent Systems
- Republic of the Sphere Systems
- Terracap Confederation Systems
- Terran Hegemony Systems
- Tikonov Free Republic Systems
- Word of Blake Systems