Capolla nearby systems
|X:Y Coordinates||8.003 : -41.409[e]|
- 1 System Description
- 2 System History
- 3 Capolla VI
- 3.1 Planetary History
- 3.2 Political Affiliation
- 3.3 Planetary Rulers
- 3.4 Military Deployment
- 3.5 Geography
- 3.6 Planetary Locations
- 3.7 Industrial Centers
- 3.8 Map Gallery
- 3.9 Nearby Systems
- 3.10 References
- 3.11 Bibliography
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Birds|
|Ruler||Erin Hwang, Governor (3130)|
Ryan Dimaggio, Legate (3130)
Capolla VI - more commonly known simply as Capolla - is the sixth planet of nine in the Capolla system and has a single moon named Nobel.
Capolla had long and productive relationship with the neighboring world of Terra Firma. The two worlds often worked together to meet their mutual needs. Capolla's large ore deposits and other raw materials made it well-suited for industrial production. Combined with Terra Firma's agricultural output the two worlds formed a strong economic block in their area. Their economic power was so great that they were given significant freedom of action when they joined the Terran Hegemony.
This relative independence would be honored by every interstellar power who later tried to claim the two worlds; Capolla was one of some fifty-one heavily contested worlds to have been placed under Terran Hegemony authority as a jointly-administered world during the Age of War or Star League era. During the First Succession War Capolla once more became a flashpoint between the Free Worlds League and Capellan Confederation.
Fourth Succession War
Following negotiations between Colonel Pavel Ridzik, chief military advisor to Chancellor Maximillian Liao, and AFFS Lieutenant General Ardan Sortek, conducted in February 3029 Ridzik created a new nation, the Tikonov Free Republic. The Republic was created by incorporating those worlds of the Tikonov Commonality that hadn't already been conquered during the first half of the Fourth Succession War. Ridzik returned to Elgin, the new capital of the Tikonov Free Republic, on the 3rd of March 3029 and swiftly began implementing a new government consisting of family members, friends and other appointees loyal to himself, purging dissident elements on the various Republic worlds and taking the opportunity to settle old scores. Capolla was one of the systems incorporated into the Republic.
After the chaos of Operation GUERRERO Terra Firma and Capolla joined forces to form the Terracap Confederation. This small organization existed until the Word of Blake established their Protectorate and encouraged the two worlds to join. Even the Blakists only administered the world with a light hand. In exchange however the Capollains allowed the Blakists to station troops and build "reeducation centers" on the world. The Capollains studiously ignored the rumors and rumblings that came from those facilities for most of the Jihad.
An interview conducted by Cristen Gardner of MERCNET in early 3077 gave the mercenary unit Deliah's Gauntlet the opportunity to speak about the incorporation of Capolla into the Protectorate, and the reasons behind the Gauntlet fleeing from Capolla in 3076. Finn indicated that the Blakists had initially treated the population and the mercenaries well, giving the population substantial liberties and a feeling of freedom, but from 3072 onwards the Word had actively cultivated a restrictive, paranoid attitude among the population, similar to that of the days when Capolla had been a part of the Capellan Confederation. This reached a peak in 3075, when paranoia and suspicion combined with rumors of the presence of weapons of mass destruction led elements of the civilian population and local Militia to treat the resident population from the One Star Faith as scapegoats, based on the advanced technology the Faithful possessed.
Having struck against the Faithful, the Militia then mustered to attack the Gauntlet, who managed to flee into the jungle before the Militia engaged. Supported with supplies and information from the local population, the Gauntlet managed to fight a guerrilla war against the Militia forces, avoiding major confrontations and engagements, until the Militia massed to strike against them. The Gauntlet defeated the militia at the cost of a lance of their own 'Mechs and one of their MechWarriors; the Gauntlet then managed to seize a Union-class DropShip from the Militia and escape off world, although they were unable to rescue the surviving One Star Faithful left on Capolla.
When Operation SCOUR came to the world, the militia split nearly evenly down pro-Blakist and anti-Blakist lines. The resulting combat heavily damaged the cities, which required significant rebuilding.
In a deal between Clan Sea Fox and the Republic of the Sphere a factory to produce ClanTech units, specifically the Roadrunner but potentially others, was inaugurated in 3112. It was scheduled to pass from Sea Fox control to Republic regulations in 3127. Capolla was captured by the Capellan Confederation during Operation BÀOYÌNG in 3150
- 2271 - Inhabited world 
- 2366 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2571 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2596 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2750 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2765 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2771 - Amaris Empire 
- 2774 - Amaris Empire 
- 2784 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2785 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2786 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2822 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3025 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3029 - Tikonov Free Republic (from March)
- 3030 - Tikonov Free Republic 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Terracap Confederation 
- 3063 - Terracap Confederation 
- 3067 - Terracap Confederation 
- 3072 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3075 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3081 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3085 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3135 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3145 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3150 - Capellan Confederation
3067 to 3071
Capolla has four major landmasses; two of these continents, Dominus and Konowalchuk, lie on the equator, while Matlabor is at the south pole. The fourth continent, New Australia, is a large island continent located in the northern hemisphere. Much of the three warmer continents on Capolla are covered with jungles.
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 233, "Capolla World Profile"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 13, "Capellan Confederation Foundation "
- Dark Age: Republic of the Sphere, p. 22 "Prefecture IX"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra, Volume 2, p. 118, "Jointly Administered Worlds"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 16-17, "Tikonov Free Republic"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 22, "More Mercenaries Fleeing"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Republic, Volume 1, p. 3
- Shattered Fortress, p. 64
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 16, "Free Worlds League Founding "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 25, "Capellan Confederation After Age of War ]"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 138, "Operation LIBERATION Wave 1 [July 2772 - December 2774]"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 118, "Digesting The Hegemony"
- First Succession War (sourcebook), p. 25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere - 2822"
- First Succession War (sourcebook), p. 113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 70, "Federated Suns after Third Succession War  Map"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 16, "Tikonov Commonality (Map)"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 72, "Federated Suns after Fourth Succession War  Map"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 94, "End Of The War"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 76, "Federated Suns after War of 3039 Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, Inner Sphere  Map
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, Inner Sphere  Map
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, Inner Sphere  Map
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, Inner Sphere  Map
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3067]"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65, Inner Sphere  Map
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere Map - [March 3081]"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 127, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- BattleCorps: INN Newscast (Solaris Broadcasting Co. section), news item published [12/08/3068]: "Arboris, Caph, Capolla Join Word"
- First Succession War (sourcebook), p. 135, "First Succession War Deployment Table - CCAF"
- Chaos March (sourcebook), p. 20, "Unit Note"
- Mercenaries Supplemental II, p. 65, "Mercenary Deployment Table"
- Mercenaries Supplemental, p. 66, "Mercenary Deployment Table"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 110, "Word of Blake Mercenary Deployment"
- Historical: Wars of the Republic Era, p. 86
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 144, "Republic Armed Forces - Hastati Sentinels"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Republic of the Sphere, p. 28, "JLP-BD Jackalope"
- Experimental Technocal Readout: Republic, Volume 1, p. 3, "RD-1R Roadrunner (Emerald Harriers)"
- BattleCorps Solaris Broadcasting Co., 12/08/3068: "Arboris, Caph, Capolla Join Word"
- Chaos March (sourcebook)
- Dark Age: Republic of the Sphere
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Experimental Technical Readout: Republic, Volume 1
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- First Succession War (sourcebook)
- Handbook: House Davion
- Handbook: House Liao
- Handbook: House Marik
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Mercenaries Supplemental
- Mercenaries Supplemental II
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2
- Technical Readout: 3145 Republic of the Sphere