- Your BattleTech News Round-Up For August, 2023
- Community Outreach - Locust Labs And Creating The Hunchback For Tex Talks BattleTech
- An Ode To Light 'Mechs: Why BattleTech Needs More Light 'Mech Love
- Bad 'Mechs - Ostscout
- It's The Economy, Stupid! Understanding And Comparing MechWarrior 5 In Its Historical And Economic Context
- Read more →
A cousin of President Selanta Amaris, Carl Siever was second in the line of succession upon her death in 2687, after her son Bertram. Bertram, however, was murdered by Carl's younger brother Gregor before he could be sworn in office, and less than an hour later, on almost the same spot, Gregor and Carl fought hand-to-hand for control of the Republic with Carl the only survivor.
Within five years of assuming office as president, Carl was clearly unstable, his paranoia obvious even in the convoluted politics of Apollo. Upon the majority of Selanta's granddaughter (and his own grandniece) Cynthia Amaris, Carl abdicated in her favor and retired to a Buddhist monastery in the Lyran Commonwealth word of Derf.
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 31
- The Periphery, p. 50