Cellco Ranger UPU-3000
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Cellco Ranger UPU-3000|
|Use||Heavy Law Enforcement Vehicle|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Chassis Type (Size)||Tracked (medium)|
|Fuel (Type/Range)||Natural Gas / 666 km|
|Armament||* 1x Machine Gun|
|Crew||3 (2 enlisted/non-rated, 1 gunner)|
The Ranger was originally designed as an armored personnel carrier for use in urban combat environments, and it has been adapted to law enforcement duties. The vehicle's current version (UPU-3000) first appeared near the end of the Third Succession War in the Lyran Commonwealth. The Ranger is common in many urban cities in the Great House. It has been given the designation of UPU (Urban Pacification Unit). Though the vehicle was a failure as a military grade Armored Personnel Carrier, the Ranger's basic design has proven to be effective for law enforcement and corporate security in both the Lyran Commonwealth and Federated Suns.
Equipment and Capabilities
The Ranger is equipped with a Machine Gun mounted in the turret with 1 ton of ammo. The vehicle also features two Sprayers mounted in the front and rear of the vehicle. The vehicle carries 0.86 tons of Sprayer fluid (water, other liquids).
The Ranger has an Infantry Compartment that can carry up to a ton of personnel who can exit from a rear hatch. It also features an Armored Chassis and Control Modifications, 3 hand searchlights (15kg 2 front, 1 mounted on the turret) and sprayer "ammo" treated as liquid cargo storage.
- There are two modified versions of the vehicle are known: an Armored Car variant introduced in 3031 and a Mobile Headquarters variant introduced in 3027.
- Clan Jade Falcon produced it's own Clan version of the vehicle only known as the Cellco Ranger C. It's Machine Guns changed to Anti-Personnel Gauss Rifle. The vehicle is reported to have been produced a Quikscell's Pandora Factory.
Other corporate interests of other Great Houses have made duplicates or have similar models of the Cellco Ranger.
- Urban Enforcer IV - This armored law enforcement vehicle is found in the Capellan Confederation.
- Raptor RRV - A Free Worlds League vehicle which is more advanced and sophisticated. It is lighter and less armored than other urban armored vehicles. The vehicle is equipped with an extended range support laser with a basic fire control system and a large passenger bay with extra room for field gear and additional heavy weaponry.
- As of this writing, there are no published BV or record sheets for this vehicle or it's variants.
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, p. 42, "Cellco Ranger UPU-3000"
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 36, "Cellco Ranger"
- online date for the Cellco Ranger UPU-3000
- online date for the Cello Ranger (Armored) variant
- online date for the Cello Ranger (MHQ) variant
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 231 - Cello Ranger C - Brief info on vehicle, no extensive details given.