|'Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Armor||Aldis Heavy Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||GM 380 XL|
|Communications System||O/P 3000 OSJ|
|Targeting Tracking System||O/P PulseTrack III|
|Heat Sinks||12 double|
Designed to compete with 'Mechs like the Atlas and King Crab, the Cerberus is a 'Mech designed around speed and firepower. The Cerberus uses a massive GM 380 XL engine to propel it to a top speed of 64.8 km/h. The 'Mech is also armored with eleven tons of Aldis Heavy ferro-fibrous armor, which provides more protection per ton than standard armor. The large amount of free weight on the 'Mech, almost half of its mass, is dedicated to its weapons systems, which are designed to do as much damage to an enemy at as great a distance as possible.
Weapons and Equipment
The primary weapons on the Cerberus are a pair of Grizzard Model 200 Gauss rifles, each of which is capable of taking one ton of armor off of an enemy at long range. In the event that an enemy does move into short range, the Cerberus is ready for them because it carries four Blankenburg Medium Pulse Lasers and two rear-mounted Sperry Browning Machine Guns. Additionally, for increased defense against missile attacks, the Cerberus carries a McArthur anti-missile system.
- The House Marik designation for the MR-5M.
- The 5M variant (Blakist designation) replaces one of the Gauss Rifles with an ER PPC and uses the extra free weight to upgrade the armor to fourteen tons. It also has three additional double heat sinks and two more Medium Pulse Lasers. This modification costs the Cerberus in firepower but adds to its overall armor protection and defensive capabilities. BV (1.0) = 1,633, BV (2.0) = 2,060
- Based on the 5M variant, the 6B is an upgrade of the Cerberus that removes the Machine Guns and their ammunition. Two of the Medium Pulse Lasers have been replaced by ER Medium Lasers and the anti-missile system moved to the left torso to make room for an improved C3 computer, allowing the Cerberus to share targeting data with up to five other friendly units. Armor protection on the limbs is increased. BV (1.0) = 1,679, BV (2.0) = 2,128
- Colonel Sandra Barclay, commander of the 71st Light Horse Regiment of the Eridani Light Horse, piloted a Cerberus during the attack on Coventry and later during the assault of Huntress alongside Task Force Serpent.
- Author Blaine Lee Pardoe stated in a blog entry that, according to his memory which he admitted could be wrong, the Cerberus was among the BattleMechs which he designed and for which he wrote the original background as initially published in TRO:3055.
- Technical Readout: Clan Invasion, pp. 186–187: "MR-5M Cerberus". The article header is incorrect – the stats are for the MR-V2
- MUL online date for the Cerberus (BattleMech)
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 77
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 118
- Combat Operations, p. 130
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 116
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 117
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 119
- Technical Readout: 3150, p. 224
- BattleMech Manual, p. 90 Design Quirk Table - Cerberus.
- Sword and Fire,p.203-217
- Impetus of War,p.204