Charger (Individual Aquilla-class JumpShip)
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
The Charger was one of the first JumpShips to ever be produced and the first military JumpShip. Constructed by the Terran Alliance, the Charger launched in 2122 and served as the TAS Charger. The Terran Space Navy had been founded through special appropriation funding in 2120, just two years before the launch of the Charger, and was the source of the funding for the TAS Charger and her sister ships.
The Charger was the first ship of her class, and was intended to be the first of six such military JumpShips. Her launch in 2122 followed the launch of the first colony JumpShip, the TAS Ark, by just six years.
- BattleSpace, p. 8, "Settling the Stars"
- DropShips and JumpShips, p. 12, "To Reach Tau Ceti"