Charger (Individual Aquilla-class JumpShip)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- MechWarrior 5 Is On Steam & Catalyst Is Having A Sourcebook Sale
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For February, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For January, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Read more →
The Charger was one of the first JumpShips to ever be produced and the first military JumpShip. Constructed by the Terran Alliance, the Charger launched in 2122 and served as the TAS Charger. The Terran Space Navy had been founded through special appropriation funding in 2120, just two years before the launch of the Charger, and was the source of the funding for the TAS Charger and her sister ships.
The Charger was the first ship of her class, and was intended to be the first of six such military JumpShips. Her launch in 2122 followed the launch of the first colony JumpShip, the TAS Ark, by just six years.
- BattleSpace, p. 8, "Settling the Stars"
- DropShips and JumpShips, p. 12, "To Reach Tau Ceti"