Chasseurs á Cheval
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Talking BattleTech Fiction with Philip A. Lee
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Read more →
|Chasseurs à Cheval|
|Unit Profile (as of 3085)|
The brigade has existed since the founding of the Canopian nation as the basis of its official army. The army was later expanded with other formations to form what is today known as the Magistracy Armed Forces. From the former four regiments only two survived until 3025. The commands fought many battles against Marik raiders or the Star League. One entire regiment sacrificed them self to secure an important production complex for the state.
The Chasseurs à Cheval were formed as the Canopian Light Horse regiments. They formed the core of the Magistracy's military from the time of the nations creation to the modern day. During the Reunification War the Light Horse's hit and run tactics were used by the entire MAF to oppose the SLDF. This was effective for several months, but three regiments of the Chasseurs were forced into a twenty-three week stand-up fight with SLDF forces on Eleusis. Though forced to withdraw, the SLDF's planned two week campaign instead took nearly six months.
The SLDF eventually ran down all the Chasseurs, destroying the Third Light Horse on Tetski in 2582. The First and Fourth Light Horse were both destroyed on Palladix in 2586, while the Second Light Horse was destroyed on Kossandra's Memory in 2588. After the Reunification War, the Light Horse regiments would be reconstituted.
Star League Era
In 2765 the Chasseurs were known as the brigade where the truly skilled graduates of the Magistracy military academy would serve. At this time each regiment was also assigned a Pinto-class WarShip as part of its escort in addition to their normal complement of JumpShips.
|Commanding Officers of the Chasseurs á Cheval|
Different per Unit.
Units of the Chasseurs á Cheval
- First Canopian Light Horse
- Second Canopian Light Horse
- Third Canopian Light Horse
- Fourth Canopian Light Horse
Color Scheme and Unit Insignia
- The Periphery (sourcebook), p. 98
- Historical: Reunification War, pp. 98-99
- Historical: Reunification War, pp. 100-101
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 150
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 151
- Field Report 2765: Periphery, p. 14
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 138
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 192
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 200, "Chasseurs á Cheval"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 183, "Chasseurs à Cheval"