- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Talking BattleTech Fiction with Philip A. Lee
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Read more →
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Chichibu neighbouring systems
|X:Y Coordinates||90.467 : 74.914[e]|
| Jump point
|Moons||3 (Janus, Kara, Tobyn)|
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Mammals|
|Ruler|| Samantha Freidrich (Governor)|
Homer Rumikov (Planetary Legate)
Chichibu I - more commonly referred to simply as Chichibu - is the first planet of five in the system and has three moons named Janus, Kara and Tobyn.
Chichibu's first settlers were wiped out by a virulent strain of smallpox. Since HPG communication hadn't been invented at the time, the rescuers and medical aid for these settlers arrived too late. The investigation team found a world covered in barren ghost towns and overgrown streets.
The next group of settlers - immunized against the disease - occupied the ghost towns left behind by their predecessors. They named the capital of the world "Remembrance" and established new settlements across the planet's main continent, Jaweena. The ecosystem was similar to Terra's, with plenty of land for farms and the local mineral resources allowed for a small mining industry.
Most of Chichibu's economy was based on aquatic ranching however. The Chichiban whale was grown and herded in a manner similar to cattle, despite being in the large oceans. To prevent the Chichiban whale from being wiped out, the Chichiban government enforced no-whaling zones in several areas of the sea and sponsored a domestic breeding program for the whale. These measures were insurance against the whale being hunted to extinction, which given the quality of the meat and blubber, could have happened easily.
Between the 7th and 14th of August 3068 Chichibu was one of six worlds raided by a combination of small 'Mech units under the employ of the Draconis March of the Federated Suns and teams of Federated Suns commandos. The deep objective raids targeted undefended worlds, allegedly to find and liberate prisoners of war in captivity within the Combine since the FedCom Civil War. The six worlds targeted were Altais, Barlow's Folly, Beta Mensae V, Chichibu, Junction and Misery, and apparently some POWs were discovered. Chichibu was raided between the 9th and 11th of August by an AFFS force that deployed two DropShips, the Condor-class Crimson Dirk and the Union-class Stone Rose, using information provided by Leftenant Colonel Colin Kerse, a member of Chisholm's Raiders. Kerse was aware of the existence of the prison camp on Chichibu because he had escaped from it, with assistance from local elements of the nobility opposed to the Kokuryu-kai, who were responsible for the creation of the camp. The same elements provided information to Kerse while the AFFS was en route to the planet, enabling the raiders to exploit a gap in the ground detection nets and land unseen on the Okuchi Peninsula in northern Jaweena. The raiders - an ad-hoc formation dubbed Task Force Iron - consisted of nine BattleMechs, an infantry battalion, two lances of VTOLs, a platoon of battle armor and a mixed platoon of hovertanks, and used Combine markings to disguise their affiliation. Although Kerse was responsible for the raid happening, the operational commander was effectively Major Amanda Rawson, officially assigned as Kerse's XO; the AFFS had concerns about the veracity of Kerse's information given that after escaping, he had lobbied for a raid to rescue prisoners, struck a superior officer, and ended up in a mental hospital undergoing psychiatric evaluation before someone with influence arranged his release. The AFFS prisoners made approximately one-fifth of the six to seven hundred prisoners within the camp, who were being kept there in secret by the Black Dragon Society to mine diamonds, which the Black Dragons used as means of raising revenue. Guarding the camp were half a dozen 'Mechs piloted by former personnel from the Alshain Avengers, who had survived the destruction of the Avengers at the hands of Clan Ghost Bear and been declared ronin by Coordinator Theodore Kurita. The raid was a success, freeing more than one hundred and forty POWs, as well as more than two dozen Combine prisoners who elected to leave; the remaining prisoners elected to stay on Chichibu. Whilst Task Force Iron struck at the prison camp, Black Dragon Society members across Chichibu were being arrested as a result of actions taken by the same faction within the nobility that had assisted Kerse.
- 2319 - Alliance of Galedon and Draconis Combine 
- 2571 - Draconis Combine 
- 2596 - Draconis Combine 
- 2750 - Draconis Combine 
- 2764 - Draconis Combine 
- 2765 - Draconis Combine 
- 2822 - Draconis Combine 
- 2864 - Draconis Combine 
- 3025 - Draconis Combine 
- 3030 - Draconis Combine 
- 3040 - Draconis Combine 
- 3050 - Draconis Combine 
- 3052 - Draconis Combine 
- 3057 - Draconis Combine 
- 3058 - Draconis Combine 
- 3063 - Draconis Combine 
- 3067 - Draconis Combine 
- 3075 - Draconis Combine 
- 3079 - Draconis Combine 
- 3081 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3085 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3135 - Draconis Combine 
- 3145 - Draconis Combine 
Chichibu has four major continents named Jaweena, Quillani, Thracen and Vyrusia. The largest of the continents is Jaweena.
- Remembrance: the planetary capital city, located on Jaweena.
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
|Dabih||31.7||Lapida II||32.7||Halstead Station||33.8||Tannil||36.1|
|Al Na'ir||53.2||Sadalbari||57.1||Murchison||57.3||Telos IV||58.0|
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 27, "Chichibu World Profile"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 45, "The Jihad In Review"
- The Promise
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 18, "Draconis Combine -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 31, "Draconis Combine after Age of War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 48, "Federated Suns after Age of War -  Map"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere - 2822"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 60, "Federated Suns After Second Succession War "
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), "Draconis Combine Map - "
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 64, "Draconis Combine after Third Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 82, "Federated Suns after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 66, "Draconis Combine after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 71, "Federated Suns after Fourth Succesion War -  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 68, "Draconis Combine after War of 3039 -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 76, "Federated Suns after War of 3039 Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 71, "Draconis Combine after Operation REVIVAL -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, Inner Sphere -  Map
- ">Handbook: House Davion, p. 78, "Federated Suns after Operation Guerrero -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 74, "Draconis Combine after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 42, "Inner Sphere - [October 3067] Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 21, "Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Field Report: AFFS, p. 21, "Armed Forces of the Federated Suns Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere Map - [March 3081]"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 127, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Report: AFFS
- Field Report: DCMS
- Handbook: House Kurita
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- The Promise