- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August, 2021
- Sarna Interviews Ray Arrastia, BattleTech Line Developer At Catalyst Games
- Community Outreach - Converting HBS’s BATTLETECH Campaign To Tabletop With Riley Centrella
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Brigadier Corporation, Independence Weaponry, Kressly Warworks (under license)|
|Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||Chameleon Light Endo 2 Endo Steel|
|Engine||GM 240 XL|
|Communications System||Corean Transband-J12|
|Targeting Tracking System||BlazeFireTracker with Range Check|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
|Jump Jets||Rawlings 40|
Similar to the earlier Gunslinger, the Chimera was designed in the spirit of cooperation between the Combine and the Davion Federated Commonwealth in the lead-up to Operation BULLDOG and Serpent. The Lyran Alliance later requested to take part, with Lyran engineers quickly beginning to dominate the entire project after Katherine Steiner-Davion took over the Regency of the Federated Commonwealth. By the time that came to pass, however, such a large amount of time and money had been invested into the project that three states had no choice but to proceed with production. When Katherine restricted production earmarked for the FedCom to units loyal to her, Theodore Kurita licensed production to Kressly Warworks to ensure more pro-Victor elements in the Armed Forces of the Federated Commonwealth could also access the design.
The Chimera is built on a Chameleon Light Endo 2 Endo Steel chassis that carries a GM 240 XL engine which provides the 'Mech with a top speed of 97.2 km/h. The Chimera's mobility is enhanced by six Rawling 40 jump jets that allow the 'Mech to jump up to one hundred and eighty meters. The Chimera is protected by seven tons of StarGuard CCM armor.
Weapons and Equipment
The Chimera carries an eclectic mix of weapons. The 'Mech has, as its two primary weapons, an ExoStar ER Large Laser, that provides the 'Mech with effective long range firepower, and a Shigunga MRM-20 launcher that gives the 'Mech a powerful medium range punch for its size. For close combat, the Chimera is armed with a Brightbloom ER Medium Laser and a Scatter Gun Light Machine Gun.
- This Chimera variant introduced in 3069 carries a C3 Slave unit and replaces the standard weaponry with a Snub-Nose PPC, Small Laser, Small Pulse Laser, and a quartet of Medium Lasers. It also carries a Sword in the right arm, and uses Triple Strength Myomer to maximize damage. It's also equipped with a larger XL Engine that permits a cruising ground speed of 76km/h. When the Triple Strength Myomer activates, it reaches a maximum ground speed of 120km/h. The 2K also has a 210 meter jump range. BV(2.0)=1,507
In German products the unit's proper name was perfectly translated to Chimäre. The model code was changed accordingly to CME-1S.
- Technical Readout: 3067, pp. 58-59, "CMA-1S Chimera"
- MUL online entry for the Chimera
- Combat Operations, p. 124, "Force Faction Table"
- Record Sheets: Upgrades, p. 61
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 88
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 90
- MUL online entry for the Chimera CMA-C variant
- MUL online entry for the Chimera CMA-2K variant
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 89
- BattleTech Manual, p. 90, "BattleMech Quirk Table - Chimera"