Colonization Procedure Referendum
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
Following this disaster, the Terran Alliance Parliament passed the Colonization Procedure Referendum restricting and regulating all colonization activity. All extrasolar colonization was to be controlled by the Alliance Foreign Ministry and escorted by the newly formed Terran Space Navy. Further requirements included stipulations that all colony ships would need to be registered with the Alliance and equipped with a transponder continuously broadcasting a unique identifier, no person with a name on a list of subversives would be allowed to travel without a special waiver and colonies would be appointed an Alliance governor, who had the authority to use force. The law's provisions took effect immediately upon its passage.
This had the unintended effect of curbing colonization temporarily.
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 12
- DropShips and JumpShips, p. 12