Combat Loss Groupings
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
CLG postulates that BattleMechs in a combat situation would suffer roughly equal amounts of damage over the course of the engagement, and therefore reach critical damage levels all around the same time. The unit as such will remain at full strength until CLG is reached, at which point further damage will begin to incapacitate or destroy 'Mechs, weaken the unit and cause enemy fire to be concentrated on ever fewer 'Mechs in the unit, creating a cascade effect that will cause extreme losses within a very short timeframe compared to little or no losses up to that point in battle.
MechWarriors are therefore wary of CLG, and seek to either decide a battle or withdraw in good order before the CLG threshold is reached.
- The CLG concept was introduced and described by William H. Keith in the novel The Price of Glory, chapter 33.