- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
Introduced in 3068, and developed in line with the principle that produced the Compact Engine, the compact gyro is constructed from denser but more compact material and components, trading a 50% increase in weight for halving the bulk of the device. Intended primarily to reduce the chance of penetrating fire from damaging the vital component by reducing its size, like its fusion engine counterpart, it also has the benefit of freeing up internal space in a 'Mech's normally tightly packed center torso.
- TechManual, p. 219