- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Irece Alpha, others|
|Chassis||Puma Type Medium Endo Steel|
|Armor||Alpha Plate Special Ferro-Fibrous|
|Targeting Tracking System||Unknown|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
|Jump Jets||BMP Mk. XXI|
The 2829 Conjurer (Codenamed the Hellhound by the Inner Sphere nations) is a fast, inexpensive medium BattleMech that excels at medium to short range. As befitting its status as a second-line 'Mech, the Conjurer uses a standard engine, though it is constructed on an Endo Steel chassis and uses eight and a half tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor. Its jump jets enable it to leap up to 180 meters at a time.
It is noteworthy that the Conjurer is, for all intents and purposes, the Wolverine IIC and was even reported as such by ComStar in early sightings, presumably for its obvious heritage; it was designed off the WVR-7H Wolverine II variant of the original Wolverine, taking the concept and rebuilding it with advanced technology in the fashion of a IIC rebuild. However the Clans would not retain the name of the Not-Named Clan for the redesigned 'Mech.
Weapons and Equipment
The Conjurer uses a Large Pulse Laser that is quite accurate and effective at a respectable range. To back that up, it mounts paired ER Medium Lasers and Streak SRM-2s. Ten double heat sinks are able to keep heat under control, though a Conjurer can summon up a heat problem if pressed too hard.
- Conjurer 2
- Following the Ghost Bear-Combine War, Clan Nova Cat needed to rebuild. The problem was they lacked the infrastructure to rebuild their OmniMech forces after being Abjured from Clan space. Khan Santin West initiated a deal with Clan Diamond Shark to enlist their aid in building factories on Irece and Avon. One of the concessions from the Sharks was to aid the Cats upgrade existing Conjurers and construct the capacity to build new ones. The resulting 'Mech was almost completely rebuilt from the ground up. The Conjurer 2 uses a Consolidated 350 XL fusion engine to achieve speeds up to 119 km/h, along with increased jumping capacity that enable it to move up to 210 meters a jump, by a BMP Mk. XXI jump jet system. The weapons are removed to make way for an ATM 9 that has three tons of ammunition to allow maximum flexibility. A pair of Medium Pulse Lasers that are tied to a Targeting Computer round out the weapons. An added half ton of armor brings the armor protection up to the maximum the 50 ton chassis can carry. BV (1.0) = 2,051, BV (2.0) = 2,107
- Conjurer 4
- This variant uses an XL Engine to achieve the same speed as the original, but saves weight for added components. A short-range powerhouse, the designers included four Heavy Medium Lasers that max out the fourteen double heat sinks. Despite that, they also included a Medium Pulse Laser and two Streak SRM-6s to aid to hunting battle armor. For work against conventional infantry, it includes two Light Machine Guns. A Targeting Computer improves the accuracy of the lasers. BV (1.0) = 1,980, BV (2.0) = 2,164
Wolverine - The Wolverine was one of the mechs taken by the SLDF Exodus fleet. Like other SLDF designs, the mech would later become upgraded with clan-technology and be given the IIC designation. However, the events of the Wolverine Annihilation would cause the clans to abandon the Wolverine IIC name, as it would represent the dishonorable clan. Instead the clans would rename the design as the Conjurer to distance itself from the Not-Named-Clan. Therefore, the Conjurer is the Wolverine IIC in spirit if not in name.
In the computer game MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries, the Conjurer's description is altered differently compared to its original history. The game states that the mech was created by Clan Jade Falcon after the events of the Refusal War rather than after the Clan's creation. The information also states that the design was created by using factories in the Inner Sphere and claims that the Hellhound's name is the real name rather than an Inner Sphere designation.
First appearance of the Hellhound from Jade Falcon Sourcebook
MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries version of the Hellhound
- MUL online date for the Conjurer (Hellhound)
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 187
- Historical: Operation Klondike, p. 168
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 188
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 189
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 190
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 191