- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Constable Pacification Suit|
|Manufacturer||BA Facility Gamma|
|Use||Paramilitary Ops |
|Top Speed||32 km/h|
|Jump Range||32 m|
|Armor Type||Standard Armor|
|BV (2.0)|| ECM = 25|
LMG = 28
SRM = 35
Sensor = 25
TAG = 24
Introduced by Clan Ghost Bear, the Constable Pacification Suit was designed to help the Ghost Bear Dominion maintain order among its Inner Sphere-born citizenry. The Ghost Bear Watch originally developed it to help them against a Rasalhagian terrorist group known as the Motstånd. The suit's array of weapons and equipment options allowed the Watch to handle the terrorists while not exposing their civilian population to harm with a fully militarized police force.
The suit's first usage was mishandled by the Ghost Bear Watch. The suit's sale to civilian police and other organizations allowed the Watch to be able develop less military tactics. The suit has since been spread to other Clans and the Draconis Combine's paramilitary organizations such as the Internal Security Force and the Civilian Guidance Corps.
Weapons and Equipment
The Constable's design was based on the Rogue Bear battle armor, where the Bear's appeal of mobility was paramount for the suit's role. It is extremely mobile, able to move by ground as far as it can jump. The suit's armor protection is similar to a typical military-grade suit of light battle armor.
The suit's weaponry and equipment includes a pair of Heavy Grenade Launchers, giving the operator the flexibility of being able use an array of ammunition types lethal and non-lethal. A pair of Cutting Torches round out the suit's permanently mounted equipment, giving it the ability to open things that require a more delicate touch. The suit also includes a body-mounted Modular Weapon Mount that can fits up to seventy-five kilograms of optional equipment. These can include an ECM Suite, Light Machine Gun, Single-Tube SRM Launcher, Improved Sensors, or Light TAG.
The Constable Pacification Suit is subjected to the following Design Quirk:
The Constable originally appeared in the exclusive extra Warchest/Chaos Campaign BattleCorps Scenario track for Dark Age Turning Points: Vega. This where the suit's Light Machine Gun and SRM variant first appeared, with exclusive art work for the suit.
Original BattleCorps artwork for the Constable Pacification Suit
- MUL online date for the Constable
- Technical Readout: 3145, p. 5 Constable Pacification Suit - BV2 List.
- Technical Readout: 3150, p. 7
- Constable Pacification Suit MUL Profile including Introduction Year and Variant BV2 list
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, p. 4
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, pp. 4-5
- BattleCorp DATP Vega Exclusive Track