- June News Roundup 2020 - Supplemental
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June 2020
- Did You Know? Other Games Come And Go, But MechWarrior: Living Legends Is Here To Stay
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- Read more →
|MHI Crane Heavy Transport|
|Manufacturer||Michaelson Heavy Industries|
|Engine||Hermes 100 Fusion|
|Communications System||Garret T10-B|
|Targeting Tracking System||Garret E2b|
4 x Machine Guns
This article refers to the Crane VTOL. For the Luthien district, see Crane (district).
Debuting in 3128, the Crane Heavy Transport was Michaelson Heavy Industries latest transport VTOL. Fast, maneuverable, and with a hefty transport capacity, the Crane proved to be an excellent way to rapidly move troops over difficult terrain. Many Cranes were bought by the Republic of the Sphere to improve their logistics network. It is also popular with other Inner Sphere militaries as well.
The Crane's most prominent feature is the eight ton Infantry Compartment that allows the Crane to carry multiple squads of battle armor or platoons of conventional infantry. It can reach a top speed of 120km/h, and seven tons of armor provides protection from heavy weapons. Despite this, the Crane isn't intended for front-line combat and should avoid it whenever possible.
Weapons and Equipment
Lightly armed, the Crane relies on four ScatterGun Machine Guns mounted in two Sponson Turrets for protection. These are provided with a half-ton of ammunition. These machine guns are sufficient to scatter conventional infantry, but armored units will find them little more than an annoyance.
No known variants of the Crane are known to exist.
- MUL online date for the Crane (VTOL)
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 340
- Technical Readout: 3145 Republic of the Sphere, p. 17