|Manufacturer||Manufacturing Plant DSF-IT1|
|'Mech type||Clan BattleMech|
|Chassis||York II XT|
|Armor||Compound 6A [ferro-fibrous]|
|Engine||125 York XL engine|
|Communications System||Able-Seven Sensor Suite|
|Targeting Tracking System||Multi-Spread 9|
|Heat Sinks||10 double heat sinks|
|Jump Jets||Clan Series Type 1 Light|
The Crimson Hawk was originally developed by Clan Blood Spirit in 3069 as a light strike 'Mech. Clan Diamond Shark became aware of the prototype model and won a Trial of Possession for it, developing the Crimson Hawk into its production form. Much of its mass is geared towards armor and firepower rather than speed, as it was intended for difficult terrain and swarm tactics.
Weapons and Equipment
The Crimson Hawk is armed with a Series 7K and a Series 7J pair of ER large lasers that allow it to snipe at an enemy from long range. Utilizing its jump jets allows the 'Mech to leap up to 150 meters, keeping the enemy at distance or to attain an advantageous firing position.
- Crimson Hawk 3
- A variant that was being tested by Clan Wolf-in-Exile in 3075, it upgrades the chassis to endo steel while the Series 7K ER large laser is downgraded to a Series 3K ER medium laser. This makes room for improved jump jets, allowing the 'Mech to vault farther and making it more heat-efficient. BV (2.0) = 1,029
Crimson Hawk from TRO:3075
Original Crimson Hawk from MWDA FFE dossiers
Crimson Hawk miniature from MechWarrior: Death From Above set
"Stärke"("Strength")-Crimson Hawk miniature from MechWarrior: Wolf Strike set
- MUL online date for the Crimson Hawk
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 135, "Crimson Hawk"
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 255
- Technical Readout: 3075, pp. 134-135, "Crimson Hawk"
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 110
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 256
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 111
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 257
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 78
- BattleMech Manual, p. 91 BattleMech Quirk Table - Crimson Hawk Entry.