- June News Roundup 2020 - Supplemental
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June 2020
- Did You Know? Other Games Come And Go, But MechWarrior: Living Legends Is Here To Stay
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- Read more →
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Armament|| 36 x ER Large Lasers |
36 x Small Pulse Lasers
12 x SRM 6s
|Crew/Passengers|| 9 Officer |
12 1st Class Passengers
40 second class passengers
300 Steerage passegers
282 bay personnel
|Grav Decks||2 (450 meter)|
|Escape Pods/Life Boats||40/6|
|Heat Sinks||150 Double|
Crucible Station is an orbital prison found in orbit of Sian's moon, Nuwa. Created for House Liao's Maskirovka, the station serves as an interrogation center and high-risk security prison. Built in the 3060s, the station serves to solve the Maskirovka's problem of preventing prisoners deemed dangerous to the state from escaping its planetary-based facilities.
The station's battalion of marines secure the facility from being overwhelmed by its prisoners. Each of the station's inmates are incarcerated in their own solitary cell, which also serves as an interrogation chamber for the station's personnel.
Weapons and Equipment
The station is defended by an array of Extended Range Large Lasers, Small Pulse Lasers and short-range Missile Launchers mounted in all of its arcs. The weapon bays' heat is managed by Crucible's 150 Double Heat Sinks, allowing multiple weapon bays to be fired from different arcs.
The Station's weakness is its seventy-five tons of standard armor protection, which is light by DropShip standards. The light armor prevents heavy weapons fire from penetrating and hitting the station's fragile interior.
- Bay 1: Small Craft (6) - 2 Doors
- Bay 2: Infantry (foot) platoons (9)
- Bay 3: Cargo Bay (550 tons) - 2 Doors
As of this time, there no battle value assigned to Crucible Station. The station as of this writing appears to be a unique design.
- MUL Profile for Crucible Station (Standard) - Introduction Year Only.
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 163 - Crucible Station's background information.
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 163 - Crucible's weapon and armor layout, noting the station's interior has only single point in its structural integrity.
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 163 - Crucible Station's fluff does not mention any other Mask space stations using its design specifics.