Cruise Missile 50
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
|Cruise Missile 50|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere Experimental|
|Long Range||50 mapsheets|
|Ammo Per Ton||1/25 (each missile weighs 25 tons)|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||20,000/missile|
|BV (2.0)||601 (launcher)/75 (missile)|
Until the Federated Suns started researching them, the Cruise Missile had been resigned to history. Basically a large version of the unguided Arrow IV missile, the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns began testing the Cruise Missile in 3065. Unlike the Arrow IV missile system, there is no "guided" or "homing" cruise missile. This relative inaccuracy offsets the tremendous damage they cause. What cruise missiles lack in precision however, they make up for in sheer terror. Even at the tactical level the effect of massive warheads impacting without warning on the battlefield can make even the most experienced and capable units break and flee. 
The Cruise Missile 50 is the smallest of the Cruise Missiles. Though it uses a launcher that weighs as much as a Griffin and fires missiles that mass as much as a Commando, the Cruise Missile 50 is the most likely to be carried by a combat vehicle or support unit. Even this is rare however, as the size of the missiles and launcher leave almost no room for armor, weaponry, or engines.
The Cruise Missile 50 is manufactured at the following locations:
|Excelsior I||Kirklin||Kallon Industries||Kalki Cruise Missile Launcher|||
- Tactical Operations, p. 405, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Construction Data"
- Tactical Operations, p. 383, "Inner Sphere Weapons And Equipment BV Table"
- Tactical Operations, pp. 284-285 - Cruise Missile (Basic info) - Basic information.
- Tactical Operations, pp. 211-212, Morale Checks - (Cruise Missiles Attack)
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 64, "Kalki Cruise Missile Launcher"