- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Read more →
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere (Primitive)|
|Length||82 meters meters|
|Width||82 meters meters|
|Height||99 meters meters|
|Drive System||Fusion Engine|
|Fuel (tons)||150 tons|
|Armament|| 12 x Large Lasers |
24 x Medium Lasers
|Armor||Primitive DropShip Armor|
|Crew|| 9 Officers |
1,013 Bay personnel
The Czar Class was an early multi-role military DropShip which first entered service with the Terran Hegemony in 2468. It was one of the very first proper DropShips in a technical sense. Like the Clippership V, it was developed within a decade of the invention of a functional Hardpoint and Docking Collar coupling, based on the proven Clippership IV hull that had been used for the prototype for these new technologies (Nimbus III). (In the case of the Czar this was in response to a HAF Request for Proposals.)
The military career of the Czar would begin as standard Combat Transport for Hegemony's regiments used for invasions, carried on the new Liberty class of JumpShips. It would soldier on through the centuries, which would include serving in the SLDF. After being decommissioned from military service, the ship would linger on well after the fall of the Star League in civilian service with a few ancient survivors still active as of 3079.
It should be noted that the Czar, despite being a military design, is constructed to Civilian Spheroid DropShip standards, as opposed to the more rugged Military DropShip standards.
Armament & Capacities
The design is armed with only energy weapons, each of its weapons bays being fitted with two Large Lasers and four Medium Lasers. Twenty-Five tons primitive grade of military armor is used to protect the DropShip's hull from enemy fire.
As one of its features, the ship has the ability to be reconfigured to carry various military formations. Initially, it was configured for Infantry battalions, but decades later it could be configured to carry a battalion of Armor and Mechanized Infantry.
- Bay 1 - Small Craft (1) - 1 door
- Bay 2 - Infantry (18 Foot Platoons) - 1 doors
- Bay 3 - Infantry (18 Foot Platoons) - 1 doors
- Bay 4 - Cargo (1,900 tons) - 2 doors
- Bay 5 - Cargo (1,900 tons) - 2 doors
- Difficult to Maintain
- Docking Arms
- Improved Targeting (Short Range)
- Sensor Ghosts
- Atmospheric Flight Instability
As of this writing, the Czar's variants and its Civilian sister ship, Clippership IV & V have no published Record Sheets. Nor does the Czar that was featured in the PDF Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives Vol. III have been assigned a Battle Value.
The image of the Czar was originally used with Dictator Class DropShip.
- MUL online date for the Czar
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 3, p. 14, 30 Czar - Background information
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 3, p. 14, 30 Czar - Weapons and Capacities
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 3, p. 14 Czar - Cargo bay information
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 3, p. 14 Czar - Listed Variants & Alternate Configurations of the Cargo Bays.
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 3, p. 14 Design Quirks