- June News Roundup 2020 - Supplemental
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June 2020
- Did You Know? Other Games Come And Go, But MechWarrior: Living Legends Is Here To Stay
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- Read more →
|DI Schmitt Tank|
|Mission|| General Purpose Combat Tank |
|Engine||220 DAV XL Fusion Engine|
|Speed||54 kph km/h|
|Communications System||TharHes Muse 65-128K|
|Targeting Tracking System||TharHes Mars 9.4|
Manufactured by Defiance Industries as a wheeled assault tank, the DI Schmitt was known for its use during the early thirty-second century. The tank was named after the First Star League's Royal Black Watch Regiment's last commanding officer, Colonel Hanni Schmitt. The Tank was noted for its highly automated TharHes Mars targeting system, giving it remarkable targeting abilities.
The vehicle would continue to show its worth after decades of service, with its performance in 19th Battle of Hesperus II in early January 3145. The tank's with Lyran's Hesperus Militia forces were able to utilize the tank's deadly & accurate firepower against invading Clan Jade Falcon forces.
Weapons and Equipment
The majority of the DI Schmitt's weaponry is mounted in its turret, with the exception of two front mounted Purity L-Series Flamers. For long-range combat, it includes a TharHes Reacher Fifteen-tube Long-Range Missile Launcher with one ton of ammunition. For intermediate ranges, it mounts a pair of Mydron Tornado Class 5 Rotary Autocannons with four tons of ammunition as well as four Diverse Optics Type 18 standard Medium Lasers. For anti-infantry fire support, in addition to its flamers, the Schmitt has pair of Scattergun Machine Guns with a half ton of ammunition.
- Targeting Computer
- Introduced at the same time as the Standard Variant, this version of the Schmitt is a mild modification to the vehicle's weaponry. The forward standard Flamers are swapped out for Vehicle Flamers with 20 rounds of fire for the weapon. The benefit of dropping flamers for the vehicle type allows for the installation of a Targeting Computer,which increases the Schmitt's deadliness with chemical, energy, and ballistic weaponry. BV2 (2.0)=1,625
The DI Schmitt Tank was first created by Wizkids' MechWarrior Dark Age Collectible Miniatures game as a part of its original lease of the game, the set was later called simply the Dark Age release. The vehicle was among few which were given then Classic BattleTech stats for use in the game, appearing in the Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I.
It was later adapted by Catalyst Game Labs and redefined once the company advanced the franchise's timeline to 3145. Some of the information listed here was strictly from the dossier sheet produced for various characters profiles released with the MechWarrior game.
The DI Schmitt has the following Design Quirks:
- online date for the DI Schmitt
- Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I, p. 26
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, p. 21 & 74 DI Schimitt Tank - BV2
- MUL Profile for DI Schmitt Tank (Standard) including BV2 & Intro Year.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 288
- Swordsworn Sgt. Leo Riordan - DI Schmitt Tank info includes origin of Tank's name.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, p. 20 DI Schmitt Tank - Background
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, pp. 20-21 & 74 DI Schimitt Tank - Stats
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, pp. 21 & 75 DI Schmitt Tank - BV2
- MUL Profile for DI Schmitt Tank Variant - Includes intro date & BV2
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 289