- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
|Chancellor of the Capellan Confederation|
|Parents||Ilsa Liao (mother)|
As Chancellor, Dainmar left much to be desired. Modern researchers believe that he did more damage to his realm during the Second Succession War than his enemies did. During the Davion Assault Guards assault on St. Ives in 2861, Dainmar Liao spent most of his time huddling under a bed in a secure bunker. Finally he sued for peace with Colonel Melissa Davion. The terms of the peace were harsh: The Capellan Confederation would recognize the territorial gains the Federated Suns made at their expense.
The most far reaching positive act of Dainmar's reign was the authorization to create Warrior Houses. These elite troops would add considerable skill and durability to a nation that was reeling from the devastation of the recent fighting.
One theory that explains why the Prefectorate ratified Dainmar was proposed in 3067. Apparently Angmar Liao wanted to put Dainmar on the Celestial Throne in order to have him assassinated so she could become regent to Dainmar's son Otto. This plan didn't succeed however, and Dainmar abdicated the throne in favor of his son in 2866.
Title and Position
|Chancellor of the Capellan Confederation
| Succeeded by|
- House Liao Sourcebook - Liao Family Tree
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 32
- Field Manual: Federated Suns, p. 76