- Your BattleTech News Round-Up For August, 2023
- Community Outreach - Locust Labs And Creating The Hunchback For Tex Talks BattleTech
- An Ode To Light 'Mechs: Why BattleTech Needs More Light 'Mech Love
- Bad 'Mechs - Ostscout
- It's The Economy, Stupid! Understanding And Comparing MechWarrior 5 In Its Historical And Economic Context
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Industrial Complex Alpha|
|'Mech type||Clan BattleMech|
|Chassis||SR3084/b endo steel|
|Engine||330-rated XL engine|
|Communications System||GBX Series Integrated|
|Targeting Tracking System||Tokasha B4-T&T|
|Heat Sinks||10 double heat sinks|
The Dark Crow is a Clan Snow Raven second line BattleMech, which was produced only at its Inner Sphere facilities in the Outworlds Alliance after the Jihad. Named after a strange cave-dwelling bird found on the planet Dante, the 'Mech has proven to be a popular design among second line troops.
Weapons and Equipment
The 'Mech's principal weaponry is its two Type 31 UAC/5s, each found in its rather unusual mid-torso arms. Augmenting the dual autocannons at closer ranges is a single Mk. 22 SRM-6 launcher found in the right torso. The 'Mech's left torso-mounted Series 6b ER large laser is generally utilized for long-range attacks and sniping. The Dark Crow has been fitted with 10 double heat sinks to handle its movement and weapons heat. Four tons of ammunition supply this 'Mech's autocannon pair, and a single ton of ammunition feeds its missile launcher system.
An endo steel frame holds the 330-rated XL engine, both of which helping to free weight in order to mount the 'Mech's equipment. Protecting the Dark Crow's hull is eight tons of standard armor, which has been criticized for being thinner than that of most typical Medium 'Mechs of its size.
- Dark Crow 2
- This variant, introduced in 3084, transforms the Dark Crow into a mobile anti-aircraft platform. In place of the UAC/5s is a pair of LB 5-X ACs, while the SRM-6 launcher is replaced with a targeting computer for higher accuracy, and an ER small laser. The standard variant's ER large laser is retained in place. BV(2.0)=1,575
- Dark Crow 3
- Developed by Clan Snow Raven's "S-Teams" in 3084, which have used experimental technology to create their usual space-capable variant of a 'Mech - this time of the Dark Crow. This variant uses experimental arm-mounted Clan RAC/2s and side torso-mounted improved heavy medium lasers. To fit this new equipment, the 'Mech makes use of a fragile XXL fusion engine and endo-composite structure, and armor protection has been greatly enhanced thanks to the use of ferro-lamellor armor. For its usage in space, the 'Mech has been given six jump jets, a single liquid storage tank holding additional reaction mass, and experimental partial wings. The jump jets and partial wing system allow the Dark Crow 3 to cover 240 meters in a single leap when operating in standard gravity. BV(2.0)=1,524
- Dark Crow 4
- This variant of the Dark Crow appears to be a hybrid of the original Dark Crow and the Dark Crow 2 introduced in 3087. Most of the weaponry is the same as in the original model - the only exception is the ER large laser, which has been replaced with a standard heavy medium laser and an advanced targeting computer, a configuration similar to that found on the Dark Crow 2. Eight tons of ferro-fibrous armor protects the Dark Crow 4. BV (2.0) = 1,538
- Technical Readout: 3085, pp. 156-157, "Dark Crow"
- MUL online date for the Dark Crow
- MUL online Cost for the Dark Crow
- Technical Readout: 3085, pp. 156-157, "Dark Crow's stat information".
- Date for the Dark Crow 2
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 156, "Variants" - Dark Crow's second variant listed.
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 222
- Date for the Dark Crow 3
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 156, "Experimental Variant notes".
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 223
- Date for the Dark Crow 4
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 221
- BattleMech Manual, p. 91 BattleMech Quirk Table - Dark Crow Entry.