- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- Read more →
- This article is about the scout car. For the individual Union-class DropShip, see Darter (Individual Union-class DropShip).
|Darter Scout Car|
|Engine||GM 75 Internal Combustion Engine|
|Communications System||Overlook J9|
|Targeting Tracking System||Brightstar 17 Mk. I|
The Darter Scout Car owes its existence to the destructive nature of the First Succession War. Following the end of that war, the Federated Suns needed to rebuild. They gave preference to their BattleMech forces, so they asked for manufacturing concerns to submit designs that would allow them to produce an effective combat vehicle that filled a supporting role and not tie up materials needed to rebuild the more-dedicated combat units. The Darter won that contract for General Motors in 2822.
The Darter has respectable speed for a vehicle, topping out at 151 km/h. This speed comes courtesy of an Internal Combustion Engine, which allowed the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns to save Fusion Engines for its 'Mech force. A paltry two tons of armor protect the Darter, precluding it from all but the lightest combat. Rather than mounting dedicated electronics, the vehicle has three tons of cargo space that can be easily reconfigured. Despite their fragility, Darters are easily repaired.
Weapons and Equipment
Original Darter from TRO:3026 Revised
- Handbook House Davion p.187
- MUL online date for the Darter
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 220, "Darter Scout Car"
- Technical Readout: 3075, pp. 220-221, "Darter Vehicle Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 208
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 113
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 114
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 115
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 116
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 212
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 118
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 117