- Your BattleTech News Round-Up For August, 2023
- Community Outreach - Locust Labs And Creating The Hunchback For Tex Talks BattleTech
- An Ode To Light 'Mechs: Why BattleTech Needs More Light 'Mech Love
- Bad 'Mechs - Ostscout
- It's The Economy, Stupid! Understanding And Comparing MechWarrior 5 In Its Historical And Economic Context
- Read more →
|Position||Lord Protector of Robinson|
Robinson was first settled by colonists from the First Terran Exodus, who were attracted by its rich black soil and pleasant living conditions. The majority of the land's early settlers were farmers who soon discovered the world was rich in mineral and oil deposits. However, off planet corporations seeking to exploit the mineral wealth soon arrived and came into conflict with the farmers, who had already claimed the majority of the planet's available land. The resulting political crisis fueled by conflicts with major mining concerns in the Terran Hegemony led to the collapse of the planetary government. The Robinson planetary militia commander, David Sandoval, stepped forward and took control of the failed government. Declaring himself "Lord Protector", he seized the foreign companies' assets and lands to stabilize the situation. He forged a land-reform bill which shifted control of all land transactions to his new government. This resulted in the Sandoval family becoming incredibly rich. Though new policies eventually came into place to weaken this arrangement, the Sandoval family would eventually become the planet's ruling nobility.
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 102, "Planet Profile"
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), "Planet Robinson profile" - settling of the planet and rise of the ruling family.