- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Read more →
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Delavan nearby systems (3151)
|X:Y Coordinates||269.864 : -95.167[e]|
|Recharge time||192 hours|
|Recharge station(s)||Zenith, Nadir|
- 1 Delavan
- 2 Delavan II
- 3 Delavan III
The Delavan system is located near the Augusta and Ipava systems and consists of at least three worlds orbiting a class K1V primary. The second planet in the system is known to have been habitable, whilst a large shipyard known as the Universal Ship Yards was in orbit above the third planet in the system during the thirty-first century. Also in place in the Delavan system during the thirty-first century were recharge stations at both the nadir and zenith jump points.
| Jump point
|Moons|| 5 (Co, Geneva, Racine, Walworth,
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||15°C (Sub-Arctic)|
|Highest native life||Birds|
Delavan II - more commonly known simply as Delavan - is the second planet in the system and had five moons named Co, Geneva, Racine, Walworth and Wisconsin. Delavan has been home to a number of industrial manufacturing concerns including such major companies as Federated-Boeing Interstellar.
Star League Era
At the height of the Star League Delavan was the location of a significant percentage of the Federated Suns heavy naval manufacturing industry; by 2765, with the massive manufacturing facilities at Galax yet to come online, Delavan and the worlds of Kathil, Layover and Panpour were responsible for ninety percent of all large naval craft manufactured inside the Federated Suns.
First Succession War
Delavan was invaded during the second half of the major invasion into the Federated Suns launched by the Draconis Combine in May 2791. When word began to spread of the genocide being conducted on Kentares IV by Coordinator Jinjiro Kurita, Armed Forces of the Federated Suns units began to launch vengeful cross-border attacks and raids in retaliation against the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery. The first to cross the border were the Third Deneb Light Cavalry, the Seventh Crucis Lancers and the Twentieth Syrtis Fusiliers - all units with recent ties to Kentares. Hitting various worlds near Goderich in October 2797, by mid-November the three commands had liberated both Logandale and Marlette, breaking the DCMS defensive lines on both worlds. Other units were quickly following suit, with AFFS troops landing on Bristol in November, and in December AFFS units near New Avalon launched assaults on both Delavan and Odell, throwing themselves at the leading edge of the Combine invasion. These early attacks were heralds of the AFFS shaking off the low morale of earlier years, and the beginning of a resurgence that would see the AFFS recapture most of the systems lost to the Combine.
The attack against the DCMS forces in the Delavan system began on the 2nd of December, when a small AFFS battlegroup jumped into the system, looking to engage the two DCA destroyers operating in the system; despite First Prince John Davion being just a short jump away on Ipava, planning his own counter-offensive against the DCMS forces at Delavan, he and his command staff were unaware that AFFS units nearby were planning a counterattack under their own volition - but when word reached Ipava on the 5th of December that both Combine WarShips had been destroyed, he was reported to have greeted the news with the words "Thank God for loose cannons."
Delavan is best known as the home of Universal Air. When that company merged with Federated-Boeing Interstellar, Delavan became the new headquarters for the company. With the destruction of Galax, Delevan's population and manufacturing capability increased. Indeed, one of Federated-Boeing's first acts was to not only move the Overlord production lines from Galax to Delevan but to look to expanding those same production lines during the first years of the Dark Age. Though the planet has seen more defensive units in the form of infantry, the system's main defense is provided by a number of Pocket WarShips and a large number of AeroSpace Fighters tasked to defend the orbital shipyards. The destruction of Galax saw the satellite manufacturer Galax Launch Systems relocate to Delavan, with production of their SEU-193D Starcomm satellite series actually tripling to meet the demand for replacements for those satellites destroyed during the Jihad.
- 2317 - Federated Suns 
- 2571 - Federated Suns 
- 2596 - Federated Suns 
- 2750 - Federated Suns 
- 2764 - Federated Suns 
- 2765 - Federated Suns 
- 2786 - Federated Suns 
- 2796 - Draconis Combine 
- 2798 - Federated Suns 
- 2822 - Federated Suns 
- 2864 - Federated Suns 
- 3025 - Federated Suns 
- 3030 - Federated Suns 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3058 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3063 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3067 - Federated Suns 
- 3075 - Federated Suns 
- 3079 - Federated Suns 
- 3081 - Federated Suns 
- 3085 - Federated Suns 
- 3130 - Federated Suns 
- 3135 - Federated Suns 
- 3145 - Federated Suns 
Delavan has eight continents named Ahnapee, Baraboo, Chetek, Galena, Marengo, Oconto, Preseque and Somo.
- Como: the location of the Dynamico Ltd manufacturing facilities on Galena.
- Williams Bay: the planetary capital city, located on Galena.
Relatively little is known about Delavan III, the third world in the Delavan system; what is known is that a large industrial complex was in place above the planet during the Succession Wars producing a range of DropShips and other items. This orbital facility, the Universal Ship Yards, was originally operated by Universal Air and later by Federated-Boeing.
- Armstrong Phoenix Academy: a military academy specializing in the training of aerospace, DropShip and JumpShip crews, located in the Universal Ship Yards in orbit above Delevan III.
- Universal Ship Yards: a major orbital production complex originally operated by Universal Air.
| Closest 40 systems (38 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
- Objectives: Federated Suns, p. 14, "Delavan"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 109
- Field Report 2765: Federated Suns, p. 6, "Infrastructural Integrity"
- First Succession War, p. 44
- First Succession War, p. 88-89, "United In Rage"
- Objectives: Federated Suns, p. 31
- Objectives: Federated Suns, p. 35
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 126, "Satellite Support Systems"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 18, "Federated Suns at their Founding -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 48, "Federated Suns after Age of War -  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report 2765: Federated Suns, p. 29, "Federated Suns Armed Forces Deployment Map - "
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 24, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 55, "Kentares IV"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 57, "Rising Suns"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 54, "Federated Suns after First Succession War -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 112, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 60, "Federated Suns after Second Succession War -  Map"
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), "Federated Suns Map - "
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 70, "Federated Suns after Third Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 72, "Federated Suns after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 76, "Federated Suns after War of  -  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 78, "Federated Suns after Operation Guerrero "
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 82, "Federated Suns after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report: AFFS, p. 21, "Federated Suns Armed Forces Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 134, "First Succession War Deployment Table - AFFS"
- Objective Raids, p. 15, "FedCom Deployment Table"
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Report: AFFS
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Davion
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Davion (The Federated Suns)
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Objective Raids
- Objectives: Federated Suns
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised