Delta Galaxy (Clan Steel Viper)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3074)|
|Nickname||The Fer-De-Lance Galaxy|
|Parent Formation||Clan Steel Viper Touman|
Delta Galaxy had seen several of its component Clusters rotated to the Inner Sphere after 3052, which left it below strength. It was the only frontline force the Vipers deployed in the homeworlds for most of the 3050s and as a result it was almost constantly under attack by the other Clans. With the Clan ejected from the Inner Sphere occupation zone, the pressure on Delta was lifted and it gave Delta Galaxy a chance to rest, repair, and build its strength.
War of Reaving
In January 3072 the Sixty-first Striker Cluster along with the Second Eridani Lancers Cluster from Clan Goliath Scorpion landed on Shadow to join forces with Clan Coyote to undertake the Reaving of Kindraa Mick-Kline-Kreese-Sainze. As was agreed the Coyote force attacked first their assault caught the defenders totally by surprise as did their inclusion of new technologies such as the Assault ProtoMechs, so much so that their three to one odds could not prevent a Coyote victory. The surviving Fire Mandrills including saKhan Dakar Mick surrendered themselves to the Coyote force and were slaughtered by the Coyote Elemental Honor Guard. The honor Guard then turned their weapons on the attendant Viper and Scorpion warriors as the rest of Lambda Galaxy wiped out both clusters. 
September 3073 saw Clan Goliath Scorpion forces land on Glory to support Kindraa Mattila-Carrol that were barely hanging on to their enclave at Portage. The Vipers had been attacking the Kindraa for sometime. The arrival of the Scorpions sparked a short naval battle before they landed on the planet. On 30th September the Mandrills fired upon the Ninety-thirds positions. The Ninety-third moved out to engage the Mandrills leaving only a trinary as rear guard. however this trinary was attacked and overrun by the Scorpions driving the Ninety-third into the waiting Mandrills and destroying the cluster.
In December 3074 the Vipers launched a massive assault on against Clan Coyote on Tamaron with six Galaxies and a large naval force. The Viper warships opened up holes in the Coyote SDS allowing the DropShips a path through. Alpha Galaxy led the way but it wasn't long until all six Galaxies had made planetfall despite the fierce aerospace attacks. A swift assault by Delta helped to secure the landing zone. After a week fighting the Vipers finally forced the remnant of the Coyote navy to flee. The ground forces made for their objectives, several major factory complexes in the Apache Mountains. Securing these cost the Coyotes both Epsilon and Lambda Galaxies. The Viper assault then turned toward the planetary capital of San Mateo By 16 December the city was surrounded. Four Coyote Galaxies had been destroyed, but at the cost of three of the Viper's own including Delta.
|Commanding Officers of the Delta Galaxy|
|Galaxy Commander||Nicole Hoskins||3060|
The Galaxy had no unifying tactics.
- 51st Battle - transferred to Beta Galaxy in 3052 
- 93rd Assault Cluster 
- 61st Striker Cluster 
- 202nd Striker Cluster - disgraced, renamed and transferred to Psi Galaxy 
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 151, "Delta Galaxy Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 67, "Steel Viper Touman"
- Wars of Reaving, p. 91, "Death Rides Forth"
- Wars of Reaving, p. 134
- The Wars of Reaving, p.143
- Wars of Reaving, p. 142-143
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 80
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 145, "51st Battle Cluster Profile"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 151, "93rd Assault Cluster Profile"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 150, "83rd Fang Profile"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 166