Demon (Combat Vehicle)
|Manufacturer||Leopard Armor of Terra|
|Mission||Standard Fighting Vehicle, Sniper, Ambush|
|Armor||PanzerSlab 2 with CASE|
|Communications System||Teldon 19|
|Targeting Tracking System||Baltex K590|
|Heat Sinks||10 single|
The Demon was originally created by the SLDF as its standard fighting vehicle in 2716. A match for any light or medium BattleMech, the Demon had good maneuverability and was protected by ten tons of slab armor, most of it concentrated in its front. Due to the nature of its powerful main weapon the Demon was often used in ambush attacks and fought in pairs instead of the usual four-vehicle lance. The vehicle's main disadvantage was its lack of speed, which made it vulnerable to faster 'Mechs and other vehicles able to maneuver around and engage its weaker rear armor.
After the dissolution of the Star League, the vehicle fell from production and the design became lost during the Succession Wars. Comstar would eventually reopen the Demon factory on Terra and produce it in numbers for use by the Com Guard. The vehicle would later see service with the Word of Blake's Militia after the planet's capture in 3058.
When the Word of Blake Protectorate was formed, worlds joining the Protectorate were gifted Level III units of these vehicles.
A smaller successor to the vehicle was created after the formation of the Republic of the Sphere which was known as the Demon Medium Tank.
Weapons and Equipment
The main weapon is the turret-mounted CASE-protected M-7 Gauss rifle with two tons of ammunition, stored in the main body's ammunition bin. The vehicle also mounts two Intek medium lasers, mounted one each on the left and right sides, and a Harpoon-6 six tube Short Range Missile launcher with two tons of CASE-protected ammunition.
- This Word of Blake variant was first spotted in 3069, this Demon tank trades the turreted Gauss Rifle for a forward-mounted heavy Gauss rifle with three tons of ammunition. The lasers are upgraded to extended range and the missile launcher is traded for a Streak version. The vehicle is also equipped with a targeting computer, C3i system, and fitted with an Extra-Light Fusion Engine to allow it to carry the HGR. The standard armor has also been replaced with ferro-fibrous armor. BV (2.0) = 1,314
- Horned Demon
- This 2721 SLDF variant replaces the short range missile launcher and CASE for a pair of forward-firing medium lasers and two extra heat sinks. Side-firing medium lasers are fitted in the forward arch. However, this leaves the vehicles' other flanks unarmed, with the exception of the turret-mounted Gauss Rifle. It should be noted that it was rarely deployed except in defensive positions. BV (2.0) = 1,179
- Also known as the Demon PPC variant, this vehicle was created in 2729 to make a supply-independent version of the tank for the SLDF. The vehicle trades all of its weapons for two Particle Projector Cannons. This variant was better than the original, but was not well favored, and thus relegated to the Hegemony's militia. BV (2.0) = 836
- Created for the SLDF Royal units, this version uses a 280XL engine to increase its maximum speed to 86 km/h. Three Streak SRM-2 launchers replace the standard SRM-6 and it carries Medium Pulse Lasers in place of the standard versions. To increase protection, the turret gains a half ton of armor. BV (2.0)= 1,333
- Demon CX-2
- This ComStar based variant carries an Improved Heavy Gauss Rifle and five tons of ammunition. A medium laser is mounted on each side in a sponson turret. For covering the rear, the CX-2 carries four Mine Dispensers on the rear hull. This refit is thought to be a prototype, as the Improved Heavy Gauss Rifle is carried in a fixed forward mounting, leaving the turret empty. The main turret of the original Demon was left in place.
The Demon CX-2 variant is subject to the following Design Quirks:
- Author Blaine Lee Pardoe stated in a blog entry that, according to his memory which he admitted could be wrong, the Demon was among the vehicles for which he wrote the original background as initially published in TRO:2750; for some of these he also designed the stats.
- In German products, the unit's proper name was translated to Dämon.
Original Demon from TRO:2750
Upgraded Demon from TRO:3050 Upgrade
A Demon in motion from CCG
- ↑ MUL online date for the Demon (Combat Vehicle)
- ↑ Combat Operations, p. 106
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, pp. 170-171, "Demon Combat Vehicle Profile"
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 196
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Technical Readout: 2750, pp. 106-107, "Demon Combat Vehicle Profile"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Technical Readout: 3050 Revised, pp. 210-211, "Demon Combat Vehicle Profile"
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 197
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 198
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 199
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3075, p. 169
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 146
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 11
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Experimental Technical Readout: ComStar, p. 10
- Combat Operations
- Experimental Technical Readout: ComStar
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League)
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War
- Technical Readout: 2750
- Technical Readout: 3050 Revised
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3075