Di Tron Heavy Industries
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
|Di Tron Heavy Industries|
|Founding Year||First Exodus|
|Primary Site(s)||New Earth, Sirius, Terra, Zebebelgenubi|
|Primary Products|| WarShips|
The company's headquarters were located in Tokyo, Japan on Terra, with regional offices on New Earth, Sirius and Zebebelgenubi. Despite its origins, the company had a very rocky relationship with the Draconis Combine, stemming from a dispute between the Toshimotos and Kuritas. Who started the disagreement is unknown, but it is believed one had offended the other sometime in the twenty-third century.
During the Hegemony era, Di Tron had hold of a large share of the construction market, with subsidiaries focused on urban and military construction. With the creation of the Star League, the company diversified, with Di Tron Shipbuilders pumping out quality craft from its ten shipyards. It was responsible for the creation of the Titan and Dictator DropShips, as well as the manufacture of the Nightwing, Dart and Aegis-class WarShips, as well as the refurbishment of the Aegis WarShip. Di Tron became interested in the Lyran Commonwealth when the Commonwealth first began looking into domestic WarShip production in 2371; as a result of the combination extensive financial chicanery on the part of experienced Lyran businessmen and the knowledge and know-how in WarShip construction held by Di Tron, a new company - Ioto Galactic Enterprises was created in the Commonwealth, carefully avoiding the legal constraints around sale of restricted Terran Hegemony technologies, and in 2375 the first Commonwealth-class cruisers emerged from the Port Stanley Naval Shipyards.
The only known Di Tron heavy Industries manufacturing center to survive the first three Succession Wars were the Port Stanley Naval Shipyards in orbit above Alarion, which became part of Ioto Industries when the rest of the company was destroyed. Di Tron's shipyards in the New Earth, Sirius and Zebebelgenubi systems were destroyed during the First Succession War.
- The Star League, p. 162
- Technical Readout: 3057 Revised, pp. 184-185, "Nightwing"
- Technical Readout: 3057 Revised, p. 212, "Dart WarShip Profile"
- Field Report 2765: LCAF, p. 23-24, "Commonwealth (Light Cruiser)"
- First Succession War, p. 125, "Shipbuilding Casualties of the First Succession War"