- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Clan Wolf W-12 Facilities|
|Mech type||Clan BattleMech|
|Armor||10.5 tons Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||325 XL Fusion|
|Targeting Tracking System||WC-TT-008B With Targeting Computer|
|Heat Sinks||18 Double Heat Sinks|
|Speed||86 km/h (108 km/h with Supercharger)|
|Jump Jets||5 (150 meters)|
The Khan of Clan Wolf Alaric Ward wanted a 'Mech to "Make the Republic tremble behind their Wall, chase the Jade Falcons from the skies, and dominate the pilots of the Inner Sphere under the will of Clan Wolf." This new 'Mech was to be highly mobile, heavily armored, and be able to outrun anything the 'Mech could not outgun. Additionally the 'Mech had to be a capable brawler since Inner Sphere pilots were often engaging Clan 'Mechs in close quarters hand-to-hand combat. 
Weapons and Equipment
Despite being a second line 'Mech, the Dominator's pilot benefits from all of the progress of Clan technology. The Dominator is built with both ten half tons of Ferro Fibrous Armor and Endo Steel Internal Structure. To mitigate heat built up, the Dominator is equipped with eighteen double heat sinks, allowing the Dominator's pilot to continuously fire all of the 'Mechs weapons systems and continue to move at full speed. The Dominator's pilot's also enjoys having the advantage of a hundred and fifty meter jump range. The design team then added a supercharger to the 'Mech's already agile frame. The supercharger benefits the Dominator by not directly damaging the 'Mechs engine unlike MASC. This new piece of equipment increases the Dominator's durability while providing the pilot with an extra burst of needed speed.
When the Dominator's pilot enters physical combat the pilot has the ability to engage in a "death from above attack". To complement the Dominator's pilot in the DFA attack, the legs have been reinforced to reduce the amount of damage inflicted to the 'Mechs legs. Finally the design team fulfilled Khan Alaric Ward's directions by equipping the Dominator with battle fists making the Dominator a deadly brawler in close combat.
The Dominator is also equipped with a robust targeting computer which complements the already deadly gunnery skills of the typical Clan pilot. The Dominator is equipped with less standard weaponry normally found on a standard Clan heavy 'Mech. The Dominator is equipped with a shoulder mounted Extended Range Large Laser in the 'Mech's right torso and an Extended Range PPC mounted in the 'Mech's lower right arm. A recessed six tubed streak SRM is mounted in the 'Mech's left shoulder with one ton of ammunition. Oddly an Extended Range Small Laser is mounted almost directly behind the Dominator's pilot in the 'Mech's head facing the rear.
- Dominator 2
- The ER-PPC is changed out for a second extended range large laser. The supercharger is removed as is the streak SRM. Replacing the streak SRM is an LRM-20 with an Artemis V FCS with two tons of ammunition. The 'Mech's close range firepower is adjusted with an ER Medium Laser, while all weapons are still tied into the less sizeable Targeting Computer. This refit was successful enough to be adopted as a new factory model. BV (2.0) = 2,906
- Marotta Kerensky - Clan Wolf warrior serving Khan Alaric Ward, was dispatched with orders to invite the Wolf's Dragoons back into the Clan.
- In Divided We Fall, the Dominator record sheet states it is an OmniMech. This was an editorial mistake. It is a second-line 'Mech.
Featured on the cover of Divided We Fall
- Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 1, p. 8
- Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 1, p. 26 - Dominator 2 Record sheet: BV and stats
- MUL Profile for the Dominator 2 - BV2, Year of Introduction, and AlphaStrike DataCard
- Divided We Fall
- Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 1, p. 9 - Design quirks