|Manufacturer||Csesztreg Industriplex Alpha|
|'Mech type||Clan OmniMech|
|Chassis||Csesztreg Quad 70.1 Endo-Composite|
|Armor||Compound H17 Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Clan Standard 280 series|
|Communications System||CH3V Series Integrated|
|Targeting Tracking System||Version Kappa-III TTS|
|Heat Sinks||11 Double Heat Sinks|
* These weapons are mounted in the Quad BattleMech Turret.
The Doom Courser is a Heavy Quad OmniMech originally built by Clan Hell's Horses to provide a solid anchor for their QuadVee and vehicle Stars. While quadrupedal BattleMechs are typically seen as more vulnerable due to their relative lack of flexibility, the Doom Courser fits well into the Horses' Mongol Doctrine. Its vulnerable flanks can be protected by nimbler and more agile escorts, while its powerful long-range armament allows it to strike down whatever the skirmishers flush out.
The Doom Courser commonly serves as the ride for the commanding Star Captain or other officer. This is due to the robust CH3V comm system mounted into the 'Mech's stylized tail. This communication system is capable of linking up with planetary communications networks and cutting through most common forms of jamming. A side effect of this tendency is that Doom Coursers are commonly the target of headhunting attacks, though the Horses have adapted their tactics to these predictable strikes.
Weapons and Equipment
Serving as the anchor in vehicle and QuadVee Stars, the Doom Courser is a resilient beast. Its standard 280 fusion engine propels it to 64.8 km/h, and when combined with its twelve tons of ferro-fibrous armor give it superior battlefield endurance. With 28 tons of available pod space, the inclusion of a BattleMech Turret that can mount fifteen tons of equipment—in addition to its more traditionally mounted secondary armament—helps mitigate the typical disadvantages of a quadrupedal design, by giving the mounted weapons a 360° firing arc. All configurations of the Doom Courser take advantage of this design choice by mounting heavy-hitting, long-range weapons in the turret, allowing its pilot to command the battlefield from afar.
The Primary Configuration is geared towards long-range combat, with an ER PPC and LRM 20 augmented by Artemis IV mounted in its BattleMech Turret. A Gauss rifle is mounted in the left torso, giving the 'Mech a heavy punch that doesn't tax its heat systems.
- Alternate Configuration A
- A flexible brawler, the A configuration's primary weapons are a pair of the largest Advanced Tactical Missile racks available. These ATM 12's are mounted in the turret and are supplied by an incredible six tons of ammunition, giving the launchers endurance and flexibility. A single large pulse laser and two additional double heat sinks are mounted in the left torso. BV (2.0) = 2,139
- Alternate Configuration B
- A juggernaut designed to fight in the middle of the battle, the B-configuration mounts four medium pulse lasers in its turret and a mammoth Class-20 LB-X autocannon in the left torso. Three tons of ammunition gives the pilot some flexibility to vary the ammo loadout, while the addition of four jump jets provides additional mobility. BV (2.0) = 2,091
- Alternate Configuration D
- The D-configuration mounts only two weapons: An ER PPC in the turret and a mammoth Class-40 Hyper-Assault Gauss rifle in the left torso. A relatively plentiful five tons of ammunition feed the Gauss rifle, but MechWarriors will need to watch their ammunition levels in protracted campaigns. BV (2.0) = 2,453
- MUL profile for the Doom Courser
- Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 22, p. 5
- Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 22, p. 4