1st Draconis Combine - Lyran Commonwealth War (2407)
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
(Redirected from Draconis Combine Invasion)
|1st Draconis Combine - Lyran Commonwealth War of 2407|
|Part of The Age of War|
|Commanders and leaders|
|Archon Alistair Marsden|
Period: From 1 Jan 2407 to Jan 2408.
- 1 Jan 2407 The Draconis Combine attacked and overwhelmed the minor Lyran Commonwealth defenders on many border worlds. A follow-up wave poured through the hole made, pushing for the Lyran capitol world of Arcturus. However, this was only a diversion. The Kuritan plan actually was to lunge torwards Arcturus, then turn sharply and head straight for Terra, dividing the Commonwealth into sections.
- 2407 VEGA STRIKE - Archon Alistair Marsden got a sudden flash of intuition concerning Kurita's next move. A second Combine prong was slated for the LC invasion. These two prongs were to meet up somewhere in the LC interior, isolating large regions to be annexed to the Combine. Surmising that a second wave would be launched from the world of Vega, Marsden collected all the forces he'd held back in reserves for one massive strike at the Vegan staging ground. In the middle of preparing for their role in the LC invasion, the Vegan forces were taken by complete surprise, and able to mount only token resistance, before Marsden's forces plowed through them and to the actual holding facilities, where firing indiscriminately, large stockpiles of brand new military hardware were destroyed and countless crates of ammunition and other expendables blown up.
- Sept 2407 - Kurita's second wave still launched from nearby worlds, racing for the Kessel region, attempting to further divide up Lyran space. The DC's two-pronged attack had the specific goal of carving out at least two-thirds of the Federation of Skye. Marsden's military was reeling and in desperation, they resorted to scorched-earth policies. These tactics only slowed Kurita's troops slightly. Alistair fired all of his generals involved the defensive campaign and took personal control, rallying the faltering LC forces. On Morningside, the defenders regained enough spirit to fight the DCMS to a bloody stand still.
-  Terran Hegemony steps in, begins battling the Combine troops on Lyons, using WarShips to repel the invaders.