- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
Comprising ten to fifteen star systems at any given time, the region came into existence in the late 3080s when House Sandoval dispatched mercenaries and some House troops into a belt of worlds stretching from Marlowe's Rift to Cassias. Over the next five decades both the Federated Suns and Draconis Combine would feed troops into this disputed territory, with neither able or willing to commit enough forces to end the stalemate for good.
This half-century of endless low-level warfare was finally resolved in the Combine's favor in 3139. In an unexpected move Matsuhari Toranaga, Gunji-no-Kanrei of the Combine military, hired Wolf's Dragoons and unleashed them upon the Reach in March; by the end of the year every world of the Draconis Reach had been conquered. While Duke Corwin Sandoval mounted a counter-offensive two years later that overran the former Reach worlds and pushed deeper into the Combine, his assault was soon blunted by the efforts of the Dragoons, the Ryuken and other DCMS units. With the Nova Cat Rebellion crushed by January 3143, the DCMS was free to turn its full attention to its other war, and by the end of that year House Sandoval had finally abandoned the Reach worlds to the Combine.
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 19
- Era Report: 3145, p. 22
- Era Report: 3145, p. 29-33