- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Luthien Armor Works|
|Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||Nykvarn Type 58-66SH Endo Steel|
|Armor||Durallex Guardian II Light Ferro-Fibrous with CASE II|
|Communications System||Sipher CommSys 3|
|Targeting Tracking System||Eagle Eye SY10-10|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
The Dragon II is a Heavy BattleMech built by LAW for the armed forces of the Draconis Combine during the post-Jihad era. Built as a successor to the aging Dragon, the 'Mech was designed with Advanced Technology to allow it to handle threats of the new era. The design was phased in as a replacement to the older Dragons, which were nearing the end of their service lives. As newly built Dragon IIs were assigned to regiments, ISF, and political appointees were the first to snag the 'Mech for their own uses.
Weapons and Equipment
While the 'Mech is slower than its predecessor, the Dragon II was designed with durability in mind. The designers used an Endo-Steel internal structure, which allows the 'Mech to carry its heavy weapons layout. To further the Dragon II's durability, LAW engineers would add a hard-to-hit Compact Gyro in place of the larger standard model. The armor protection includes 12.5 tons of Light Ferro-Fibrous Armor with CASE II protecting the artillery ammo.
The weapons layout of the Dragon II allows it act as an all-range combatant, while giving it the ability to serve as an artillery fire support unit. Split between its left & central torsos is its Arrow IV Artillery System. The 'Mech carries three tons of ammunition, which in turn allows it to give its pilot a range of ammo types to choose from. While not as heavily armed with conventional weapons, the Dragon II retains the Grand Dragon's Lord's Light 2 Extended-Range Particle Projection Cannon as its all-range weapon. Backing up the ER PPC is a single Diverse Optics Type 25PX Medium X-Pulse Laser, which is found in the 'Mech's left arm.
- A rare variant given to the politically connected starting in 3102, this experimental version of the Dragon II is fitted with Clan versions of the base model's weapons. The ER PPC and Arrow IV System are replaced with Clan versions, and the Medium X-Pulse Laser is replaced with a Clan Medium Pulse Laser. Fortunately, the weight saved from the installation of Clan equipment allowed the inclusion of MASC, giving the 11R a top speed of 86 kph and a B-Pod to give it a last ditch defense against infantry and Battle Armor. BV (2.0)=2,302
Dragon - The Dragon II was created by the DCMS to replace the aging Dragon.
The Dragon II has the following Design Quirks:
- MUL online date for the Dragon II
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, pp 43 & 101 Dragon II - BV2.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 156
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, pp 42 Dragon II - Background.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, pp 42-43 & 101 Dragon II - Armament & Capacities.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, pp 43, 102 Dragon II - Variant Info.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 157 - Record Sheet for the DRG-11R.
- MUL Profile for the Dragon II DRG-11R - Introduction Date and Battle Value 2 included.