Drake (Individual Whirlwind-class WarShip)
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
As at 3061, the Whirlwind-class destroyer Drake was a WarShip within the Clan Snow Raven touman and was serving as the CSR Drake, one of ten WarShips that made up the Lum Garrison Fleet. Paired with the York-class destroyer CSR Corvidae the Drake was serving as a reserve vessel, operating alongside the ships of the Fleet Command Star.
The Drake continued to serve in the Lum Garrison Fleet until at least 3067, operating alongside two other destroyers - the Lola III-class CSR Bloody Talon and the Corvidae - as well as the Sovetskii Soyuz-class heavy cruiser CSR Avalanche, the Aegis-class heavy cruisers CSR Morning Violence and CSR Scabbard, the Potemkin-class cruisers CSR Bonaventure and CSR Eden Rose and the Vincent-class corvette CSR Huninn.
During the Wars of Reaving the Drake was one of the escort vessels for the last major Snow Raven convoy to leave the Clan Homeworlds for the Outworlds Alliance. Of the fifty Snow Raven JumpShips that had originally been intended to be a part of this last convoy, only twenty-two survived to make it to Quatre Belle in the Outworlds Alliance, escorted by an ad hoc star of damaged vessels which in addition to the Drake included the Aegis-class heavy cruiser CSR Lord Death, the Corvidae, the Whirlwind-class destroyer CSR William Adams, the Congress-class frigate CSR Magpie and Vincent Mk. 42-class corvette CSR Munnin. The Snow Ravens would subsequently blame the losses taken and damage suffered on bandits when talking to their new allies in the Outworlds Alliance.
During the Jihad the CSR Drake served as a part of Task Force CRONUS, the predominantly-Clan naval force responsible for capturing the Titan Yards in 3078 as a part of the allied coalition efforts to liberate Terra from the Word of Blake.
By 3079 the Drake was serving as a part of the new Ice Storm Star led by the Cameron-class battlecruiser CSR Ice Storm and serving alongside the Conqueror-class carrier CSR Ark Royal, the Magpie and the Muninn. The Drake was reactivated during the Dark Age alongside the rest of the Ice Storm Naval Star, and in 3145 was operating out of Ramora as a part of Alpha Galaxy.
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 131, "Lum Garrison Fleet"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 64-65, "Naval Assets"
- Wars of Reaving, p. 108, "Force of Power"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 18, "Fleet Assets"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 95, "Classified: Eyes Only - Top Secret"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 166, "The Alliance Fleet"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 173, "Alpha Galaxy (Swift Wing Galaxy)"