Duchy of Graham-Marik
|Duchy of Graham-Marik|
|Dissolution year:||ca. 3082|
|Controlled system(s):||3 (as of 3079)|
The Duchy of Graham-Marik was a member state of the Free Worlds League from the early twenty-fifth century until the Free Worlds League's dissolution in 3079.
Ruled by the Graham-Mariks, a cadet line of House Marik, the Duchy was created from Marik Commonwealth worlds in the aftermath of the First Andurien War as a reward for the Graham-Marik's faithful service to their relations. Duchy representatives first appeared in the League Parliament in 2408.
Throughout the League's tumultuous history the Duchy of Graham-Marik consistently supported the Captain-General. During the first Marik Civil War the Duchy backed Elise Marik, while in the second it provided critical aid to Captain-General Janos Marik against his rebel brother with the Duchy's JumpShip fleet. 
After the Word of Blake Jihad left the Free Worlds League fragmented, the Duchy briefly functioned as an independent state. Its member-world Paradise was suspected by Regulan forces to be harboring the Master and was razed with nuclear weapons in February 3080. 
The two remaining worlds of the Duchy - Escobas and Loyalty - joined the Marik-Stewart Commonwealth either in 3082 when that nation was formed or at some point after. 
The Duchy's government was classed as a feudal autocracy with House Graham-Marik ruling the province with the general consent of its population.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 65, "Duchy of Graham-Marik"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Field Manual: 3085, p. 234 - Duchy stated to have joined the Marik-Stewart Commonwealth when that nation was formed in 3082 but is still independent on October 3085 map.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Field Manual: 3085, p. vi, "Inner Sphere - October 3085" (Map) - Duchy depicted as still being independent.
- ↑ Historical: Brush Wars, p. 21, "Provincial Loyalties"
- ↑ Field Manual: 3085, p. 15
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 61
- ↑ Handbook House Marik, p. 88, "Feudal Autocracy"