Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Dyev nearby systems
|X:Y Coordinates||5.683 : 40.797[e]|
- 1 Dyev
- 2 Dyev I
- 2.1 Planetary History
- 2.2 Political Affiliation
- 2.3 Planetary Rulers
- 2.4 Military Deployment
- 2.5 Geography
- 2.6 Planetary Locations
- 2.7 Businesses
- 2.8 Map Gallery
- 2.9 Nearby Systems
- 2.10 References
- 2.11 Bibliography
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Mammals|
|Ruler||Tsubasa Daisuke, Governor (3130)|
James Douglas, Legate (3130)
The innermost planet in the Dyev system, Dyev I - more commonly known simply as Dyev - has a single moon named Uter and is a warm, dry world prone to suffering from violent dust storms..
Dyev was one of the worlds that was abandoned by the Terran Alliance following the Outer Reaches Rebellion and the Demarcation Declaration of 2242. Having become independent as a result of the Demarcation Declaration, Dyev was subsequently added to the resurgent Terran Hegemony; whilst some worlds joined the Hegemony during its early years as a result of diplomatic and trade incentives, many more were conquered in "campaigns of persuasion" launched by Director-General James McKenna, the first of which began in 2316 and ended with the capture of Towne in 2317. Dyev was one of the worlds added to the Hegemony during or around the time of this first military campaign.
Dyev's initial colonists were Russian and Slavic miners who hoped to take advantage of the vast mineral and metal ore content on the world. The downside to this was the dearth of fresh water on the world, which made farming difficult. For the first few centuries, Dyev relied on ice ships to bring in water. In the middle of the twenty-fifth century miners following a vein of ore broke through into a large underground sea of fresh water. With this new source of water available, Dyev stopped the ice ship deliveries. By the end of the Reunification War Dyev had become one of the worlds within the Lone Star Province of the Terran Hegemony.
Amaris Civil War
During the Amaris Civil War the Rim Worlds forces poisoned approximately 30% of the available water on Dyev in an attempt to break opposition to their rule. Until the world was liberated by SLDF forces, the Republican troops kept poisoning the water supply. After the fall of the Star League the world was taken by the Draconis Combine. The Combine devoted more effort to rebuilding the mining operations than purifying the water, so - a few centuries after the last ice ship had left Dyev - ice ship deliveries resumed. The Combine, and later the Lyran Commonwealth, would continue these shipments throughout the Succession Wars.
Fourth Succession War
Following the successes achieved by the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces during Operation GÖTTERDÄMMERUNG, the major Lyran offensive launched in late 3028, a lull settled over the front while the LCAF consolidated its gains, rested and resupplied its troops and fought with counterattacking Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery units. General Jack Sphire, Margrave of the Ryde Theater of the Commonwealth, was responsible for devising a plan to break the deadlock on offensive operations against the combine in the Ryde area of operations. Ryde's plan, dubbed Operation HOLDUR, was designed to seize further systems by deploying all available troops, up to and including planetary militia forces. HOLDUR was risky, but Sphire hoped that by launching quick and forceful attacks using the BattleMech regiments available to him, the DCMS would be left with too little time to make further counterattacks. Archon Katrina Steiner approved the plan and mobilized additional 'Mech regiments to support HOLDUR, deploying regiments that had previously been held in reserve. When assigning these additional forces, the Archon dictated that these forces had to be used at the Terran end of the Ryde area, so that they could respond to any attacks originating from the Free Worlds League. This led Sphire to adjust his plan somewhat, but on the 1st of June 3029 Operation HOLDUR began, with the better part of a hundred assorted regiments deploying from the Federation of Skye to attack eight Combine systems.
For the Archon, destroying DCMS 'Mech forces was as significant a goal as capturing territory; as a result, the Seventeenth Donegal Guards RCT was deployed to destroy the Twenty-second Dieron Regulars on Dyev. The Regulars were a well-led, seasoned unit, and when the Guards landed they discovered that the Regulars held the two mountain passes that controlled the water supply to the Epsi River Basin, a prosperous region of Dyev. Colonel Tommy Gaherty made numerous attempts to dislodge the Regulars from their position, but the Guards were unable to pry them out of the mountain passes, and the battle for Dyev became a siege that only ended when the Gray Death Legion arrived to reinforce the guards in November. Although the Regulars' position remained highly defensible, defending both approaches would have spread the Kuritan forces too thinly, something the Twenty-second's commander knew. After the legion broke the mercenary unit Sandoval's Slashers and deprived DCMS forces of most of their air support, the Twenty-second staged a breakout, racing past the Guards to meet with their DropShips in the Basin before abandoning Dyev.
During the Jihad Dyev was occupied by forces from the Word of Blake. As the allied coalition created by Devlin Stone began striking against Word of Blake Protectorate worlds the combined Clan Ghost Bear and Clan Snow Raven task force which had agreed to support the coalition struck at a number of Blakist worlds on the 21st of July 3076. Dyev was one of the worlds targeted by the Clan forces, along with the nearby worlds of Kervil, Ko, Lambrecht, Moore and Sabik. that shattered the Protectorate Militias on planet (the 1st Dyev Protectorate Militia, the 2nd Dyev Protectorate Militia and the 3rd Dyev Protectorate Militia.
The Word of Blake launched a counterassault on Dyev in mid-December, with the Blakist ground troops receiving support from a number of WarShips and Pocket WarShips. The resulting battles saw three Blakist WarShips destroyed, the Whirlwind-class destroyer Fire Fang, the Aegis-class heavy cruiser WoBS Righteous Fury and the Congress-class frigate WoBS Hollings York. However, the Blakist vessels took on three Ghost Bear WarShips - the Leviathan II-class battleship CGB Rasalhague, the Nightlord-class battleship CGB Ursa Major and the Clan Snow Raven Aegis-class CSR Scabbard. As the Blakist WarShips and their accompanying Pocket WarShips and Assault DropShips engaged the Clan WarShips, a second Blakist force arrived and delivered multiple troop DropShips onto Dyev, with two-thirds of the troops surviving and dispersing to avoid orbital bombardment from the Clan ships. The Clans took a heavy toll on the Blakist WarShips, but the Scabbard was destroyed and the Ursa Major was heavily damaged.
The Blakist counterassaults saw forces consisting of the Twenty-eighth and Thirty-second Militia Divisions augmented by the Third Bryant, First Lipton, Second New Earth and First Zosma Protectorate Militia Divisions land around Trogport and the planetary capital, Novaya Mensk. Blakist media sources claimed that the 28th, Bryant and Lipton Division forces used mine tunnels connecting to the Tupik chasm to hold off forces from the Ghost Bear Alpha and Omega Galaxies. The media sources also reported that the Thirty-second, New Earth and Zosma Divisions were using the fortifications established on Dyev by the Draconis Combine to resist attacks from the Ghost Bear Kappa and Pi Galaxies. History records that the twenty-eighth and Thirty-second Militia Divisions were subsequently destroyed on Dyev before the end of 3076.
In September 3134, the pirate band Hale's Harbingers stole a shipment of Busters, then attacked their intended recipient, Kleevarten Metals, with them. The company's workers defended the main processing plant, capturing the leader of the pirates. Two pirate Busters escaped.
- 2271 - Inhabited world 
- 2319 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2341 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2571 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2596 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2750 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2764 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2765 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2767 - Amaris Empire 
- 2771 - Amaris Empire 
- 2773 - Terran Hegemony (from March)
- 2822 - Draconis Combine 
- 2864 - Draconis Combine 
- 3025 - Draconis Combine 
- 3029 - Contested (Draconis Combine / Lyran Commonwealth) (June - November)
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Lyons Thumb 
- 3058 - Lyons Thumb 
- 3063 - Lyons Thumb 
- 3067 - Lyons Thumb 
- 3075 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3079 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3081 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3085 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3135 - Independent World 
- 3145 - Draconis Combine 
- 3150 - Rasalhague Dominion (from April) 
- 3151 - Rasalhague Dominion 
- Twenty-second Dieron Regulars
- Twenty-second Dieron Regulars
Dyev has relatively little surface water, with the bulk of that tied up in two small oceans - the Morye Syevir ocean in the northern hemisphere and the larger Aleutican Ocean in the southern hemisphere. The bulk of the fresh water found underground on Dyev is located under the large canyons in the northern hemisphere.
- Novaya Mensk: the planetary capital city, located on the eastern shore of the Morye Syevir ocean.
- Trogport: located just south of the Aleutican Ocean, Trogport is a large spaceport city and the main hub of interstellar commerce on Dyev.
- Tupik Chasm: the site at which fresh water was first discovered underground on Dyev, and the site of battles during Operation SCOUR.
|Closest 76 systems (75 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
|Fomalhaut||38.6||Rigil Kentarus||39.2||Kaus Media||39.3||Skondia||40.3|
|Lipton||52.4||Procyon||53.0||New Home||53.5||Xi Ursae Majoris||54.5|
|Bryant||54.5||Al Na'ir||55.2||Zavijava||55.6||Kaus Borealis||55.9|
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 8, "Dyev World Profile"
- Shattered Fortress, p. 102, "Inner Sphere - 3151" (Map)
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 16, "Free Worlds League Founding -  Map"
- Dark Age: Republic of the Sphere, p. 6 "Prefecture I"
- The Star League, p. 16, "Terra's Errant Flock"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 18, "Draconis Combine Founding -  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 60, "Draconis Front (January 3029)"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 73, "Ryde Theater"
- Gray Death Legion sourcebook, p. 44, "Run For Your Life"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 75, "Dyev"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 22, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 56, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "protectorate militia deployment"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 23, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 18, "A Time Of Cleansing"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 128, "Captured Ships"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 20, "Autopsy Of Dyev"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 87-88, "Dyev Hit By Blakist Counterattack!"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 126, "Word Of Blake Militia"
- Technical Readout: Irregulars, p. 42, "Buster HaulerMech MOD"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13, "Lyran Commonwealth Founding -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25, "Lyran Commonwealth after Age of War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 31, "Draconis Combine after Age of War -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p.vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report 2765: Lyran Commonwealth, p. 25, "Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces Deployment Map - "
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 104, "Rim Worlds Republic -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 138, "Operation LIBERATION Wave 1 [July 2772 - December 2774]"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 43, "Draconis Combine after First Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 36, "Lyran Commonwealth after First Succession War -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 53, "Draconis Combine after Second Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 40, "Lyran Commonwealth after Second Succession War -  Map"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), "Draconis Combine Map - "
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 64, "Draconis Combine after Third Succession War -  Map"
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), "Lyran Commonwealth Map - "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 47, "Lyran Commonwealth after Third Succession War -  Map"
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), "Federated Suns Map - "
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 70, "Federated Suns after Third Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 56, "Lyran Commonwealth after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 66, "Draconis Combine after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 71, "Federated Suns after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 56, "Lyran Commonwealth after War of 3039 -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 76, "Federated Suns after War of 3039 -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 68, "Draconis Combine after War of 3039 -  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 61, "Lyran Commonwealth after Clan Invasion -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 71, "Draconis Combine after Operation REVIVAL -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 78, "Federated Suns after Operation Guerrero -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Inner Sphere (sourcebook), p. 33, "Federated Suns Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 70, "Lyran Alliance after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 74, "Draconis Combine after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 82, "Federated Suns after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 19, "Lyran Alliance Armed Forces Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 21, "Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 29, "Terran Corridor Clans Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 127, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Shattered Fortress, p. 101, "Timeline of Events: 3146-3150"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 138 "Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update, p. 40, "Draconis Combine Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 64, "Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery Deployment Table - 3145"
- 20 Year Update
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Manual: Updates
- Field Report 2765: Lyran Commonwealth
- Field Report: LAAF
- Field Report: Clans
- Gray Death Legion (scenario pack)
- Handbook: House Davion
- Handbook: House Kurita
- Handbook: House Marik
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Davion (The Federated Suns)
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine)
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth)
- Inner Sphere (sourcebook)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2
- Shattered Fortress
- The Star League
- Dark Age: Republic of the Sphere
- Technical Readout: Irregulars