Extended Range Small Laser
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Read more →
|ER Small Laser|
|Tech Base||Clan / Inner Sphere|
|Year Availability||Clan = circa 2820|
|Damage|| Clan = 5
IS = 3
|Long Range|| Clan = 5-6
IS = 5
|Ammo Per Ton||n/a|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||n/a|
|BV (1.0)|| Clan = 31
IS = 17
|BV (2.0)|| Clan = 31
IS = 17
The Extended-Range Small Laser (ER Small Laser) focuses a powerful beam of light on targets that causes damage by overheating or melting the target.
As the name suggests, the Extended-Range variant of the Small Laser increases the power of the beam to project it to much farther ranges. The power necessary to facilitate the production of such generates an increased quantity of waste heat.
In the years between the Second Exodus and the beginning of Operation KLONDIKE the nascent Clans began development of what would become the ER Small Laser. One of the first of the advanced weapon types to be developed, experimental prototype versions of this new weapon were used during Operation KLONDIKE in small quantities. The Clan Prototype ER Small Laser (ER-SL-CP) available during this period has identical stats to the Inner Sphere ER Small Laser, other than that it generates 2 heat per shot.
The Extended-Range Small Laser is manufactured on the following planets:
|Manufactured on||Manufactured by||Typically used in||References|
|Arcadia||Arcadia BattleMech Plant CM-T4|||
|Irece||Barcella Beta|||
|BlazeFire Longshot||New Syrtis||Johnston Industries|||
|Diverse Optics Sunbeam||Irian||Diverse Optics Incorporated|||
|ExoStar Pinnacle (Clantech)||Delavan||ExoStar Laser Technologies||BLK-NT-5H Black Knight|||
|Magna Mk IV||Lopez||Magna|||
- TechManual, p. 226, "Laser - Extended-Range (ER) Laser"
- TechManual, p. 341, "Inner Sphere Weapons And Equipment Table"
- TechManual, p. 343, "Clan Weapons And Equipment Table"
- TechManual, p. 318, "Clan Weapons and Equipment BV Table"
- TechManual, p. 317, "Inner Sphere Weapons and Equipment BV Table"
- Historical: Operation KLONDIKE, p. 156, "Prototype Clan Systems"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, p. 45, "BLK-NT-5H Black Knight"
- "BattleTech Video Game", Equpiment