- This article is about the BattleMech. For other uses, see Eagle (Aerospace Fighter class) and Eagle (WarShip class).
|'Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||Curtiss Eagle endo steel|
|Communications System||CurtissComm Mark II|
|Targeting Tracking System||Dynatec 128 with TAG|
|Heat Sinks||10 double heat sinks|
|Jump Jets||CurtissJet 55|
Curtiss Militech looked to exploit the success of the Wraith with a venture into the light 'Mech class, with their flagship in this effort being the Eagle. The concept of the design is to create a balanced mix of speed and firepower on a light chassis, but the end result is a 'Mech on the lower end of the light class with movement capabilities equal to most 'Mechs in the 50 to 60 ton range. The Eagle is built on a Curtiss Eagle endo steel chassis that saves weight on the 'Mech, powered by a Vlar 125 fusion engine that gives the 'Mech a ground speed of 86.4 km/h. For added mobility, the Eagle has five CurtissJet 55 jump jets that allow it to jump up to 150 meters. Five tons of Kallon FWL armor gives it decent protection from other light 'Mechs but overall, the Eagle is a light 'Mech that packs a punch while sacrificing speed and maneuverability, making it vulnerable to heavier 'Mechs.
Weapons and Equipment
The Eagle gets its primary punch from a Diverse Optics Sunbeam ER large laser that can remove half a ton of armor from a target at up to 570 meters, while a Diverse Optics ER medium laser engages closer targets. A Forward-1 TAG laser designator is also mounted, making it capable of calling in highly accurate Arrow IV artillery attacks as well as semi-guided LRM fire.
- A rare, basic variant of the Eagle, the 1M removed the TAG designator and the ER medium laser and replaced them with an anti-missile system, along with a ton of ammunition and an ER small laser. BV (1.0) = 718, BV (2.0) = 757
- A variant introduced during the Jihad, this one employs advanced technology. The 'Mech has all its weapons replaced by single light PPC in the left arm and a medium variable speed pulse laser in the right. Armor protection is slightly reduced in spots to favor other section in this model.BV (2.0) = 645
The Eagle has the following Design Quirks:
- In German products, the unit's proper name was translated to Adler. In addition (and presumably to distinguish it from the German renamed aerospace fighter Adler), the model code was changed to ADL-2M.
Original Eagle from TRO:3060
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 78-79, "Eagle 'Mech Profile"
- ↑ MUL online date for the Eagle (BattleMech)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Combat Operations, p. 130
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060, p. 64
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 110
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060, p. 63
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 109
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 111 - Eagle variant from the Jihad
- ↑ BattleMech Manual, p. 91 - Design Quirk Table - Eagle Entry