McCarron's Trading Company
|'Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||Titan Super TZ-7EA|
|Armor||ArcShield VII Mk 5|
|Engine||PlasmaStar 270 XL|
|Communications System||Telestar Model XTD-67A1|
|Targeting Tracking System||Starlight Seeker LX-4X|
|Heat Sinks||12 Double Heat Sinks|
|Jump Jets||Pitban LFT-50|
The Emperor is one of the earliest assault BattleMechs, dating back to 2502. The Emperor also bears the distinction of being the first 90+ ton BattleMech to mount jump jets (the famed Highlander began production in 2592). In 2612, StarCorps introduced an upgraded Emperor, EMP-6A (pictured), designed for and distributed exclusively to Star League Defense Forces Royal Units. The Emperor was produced continuously until Marik forces destroyed StarCorps Industries facility with nuclear arms on Son Hoa during the Second Succession War"Second Succession War" contains an extrinsic dash or other characters that are invalid for a date interpretation.. Production of the Emperor resumed in 3057 alongside the legendary Highlander.
Weapons and Equipment
The Emperor has better than average mobility for a ninety ton 'Mech with a top speed of 54 km/h and the ability to jump up to ninety meters. To power the Emperor, the 'Mech has a massive PlasmaStar 270 XL engine. For protection, the Emperor carries an impressive seventeen and a half tons of armor with CASE, protecting the 'Mech from complete destruction if an ammunition bin is hit, although such damage would still result in the Emperor being effectively removed from battle. Finally, to dissipate the 'Mech's heavy heat load, the Emperor carries twelve double heat sinks.
The Emperor gets its primary firepower from a pair of Imperator Code Red LB-X Autocannon/10s that are capable of firing both standard ammunition as well as cluster ammunition, which allows the autocannons to act in a manner similar to 'Mech-sized shotguns. Additionally, the cluster ammunition lets the Emperor serve in an anti-aircraft role. Secondary to the Autocannons are two Magna Mk III Large Lasers that have a similar range profile to the autocannons and can do a great deal of damage in concert with them or on their own. For close combat, the 'Mech has two highly accurate Defiance P5M Medium Pulse Lasers and a Photech 806c medium laser.
The EMP-6A Emperor is the first BattleMech to incorporate the "...newly developed XL engine, LB 10-X autocannon, double heat sinks, and CASE" together for the first time on the same chassis.
- The original Emperor produced by Quarry Arms used primitive components. Introduced in 2442 and produced until 2472, this first version of the Emperor could reach a top speed of 53 km/h thanks to its primitive engine. It was protected by twenty-two tons of Primitive Armor. The bulk of these primitive systems and Primitive Cockpit meant that the Emperor could only carry three medium lasers and an Autocannon/5 in each arm. Each autocannon was given two tons of ammunition. Ten single heat sinks were fitted. The later production runs of this version were used in support roles, but were never very popular. Some of these units were upgraded to the EMP-5A standard. BV (2.0) = 1,453
- Carries Clan-spec ER Large Lasers, an LB 10-X and LB 5-X, supported by a prototype Streak SRM-4. Used extensively by Clan Star Adder before it was replaced by various Highlander variants. (Note: EC is an abbreviation used by historians to designate "Early Clan" designs.) BV (2.0) = 2,156
- The first Capellan Confederation variant uses a standard fusion engine. This stand-off 'Mech is armed with a Gauss rifle and ER PPC to snipe with so that it can take advantage of its Stealth Armor. The requisite Guardian ECM Suite enables the armor to function, while four Medium Pulse Lasers provide close support. Finally, Triple Strength Myomer takes advantage of the increased heat from the armor to potentially speed up the Emperor and make its already damaging physical attacks devastating. BV (1.0) = 2,116, BV (2.0) = 2,746
- The variant produced for the Free Worlds League and Word of Blake, the 6M is built on an Endo Steel frame and is powered by a Light Fusion Engine. It uses a pair of arm-mounted Light Gauss Rifles and also upgrades the large lasers to ER models, making it incredibly effective at ranges where most other units cannot even attempt to return fire. It is most effective when another unit with an Improved C3 CPU is close and can provide targeting telemetry for the Emperor. In case other units close, the 6M mounts three Medium Pulse Lasers and an ER medium laser. Since it only carries ten double heat sinks, the 6M also makes use of Triple Strength Myomer. In order to make all of this possible, the 6M carries a half ton less armor. BV (1.0) = 1,701, BV (2.0) = 2,090
- The Lyran model is meant for close range and restrictive terrain. It carries two highly destructive LB-X Autocannon/20s that can create holes in an enemy's armor using slug rounds with ease, then exploit those holes to damage critical systems with the cluster rounds. Three Medium Pulse Lasers and a regular medium laser provide energy backup. BV (1.0) = 1,740, BV (2.0) = 2,065
- Like the other Capellan variant, the 7L uses Stealth Armor and the attendant Guardian ECM, along with Triple Strength Myomers to take advantage of the high heat levels, all powered by a standard engine. Unlike that version, it removes the jump jets to make room for twin Autocannon/10s that can take advantage of special munitions produced by House Davion. All six tons of this ammunition is crowded into the right side of the body, so only one CASE is needed to protect it. Backing them up is an ER Large Laser and two Medium Pulse Lasers. BV (1.0) = 1,730, BV (2.0) = 2,232
- This upgrade of the EMP-7L replaces the basic autocannons with paired LB-X Autocannon/10s reminiscent of the EMP-6A. Two captured Medium Re-Engineered Lasers replace the Medium Pulse Lasers, and the ER Large Laser is swapped for a plasma rifle fed by two tons of ammunition. The four tons of LB-X munitions in the right torso are protected by CASE. Both the Stealth Armor and Triple Strength Myomer are retained from the 7L. BV (2.0) = 2,370
- EMP-6A Emperor Nerran
- A unique variant of the Emperor which was discovered in a Brian Cache by Clan Goliath Scorpion MechWarrior Nerran. The Clan warrior restored the ancient 'Mech by refitting the right arm's LB 10-X Autocannons with Clan produced Gauss rifle and placed a Star League tech ER PPC in the right torso. BV (1.0) = 2,071
- EMP-6ME Mercury Elite
- This custom variant was used by Lieutenant Colonel Anne-Marie McKormack during the conflict on Atreus. Based on the EMP-6M, the Mercury Elite mounted a C3 slave in the head and a Snub-Nose PPC and Silver Bullet Gauss Rifle in each arm. Adding an extra double heat sink helps diffuse the heat load these weapons and the two torso-mounted Medium Pulse Lasers create. Unlike the EMP-6M this version doesn't mount Triple Strength Myomer. BV (2.0) = 2,004
- Warner Doles, a former officer of the disgraced and disbanded second battalion of the Blackwind Lancers and later a military leader in the Free Capella movement, would pilot a bronze-painted Emperor against Capellan forces in the later stages of the Capellan-St. Ives War and into the Jihad.
- Kelley Metz, gladiator for Tandrek Stables on Solaris, piloted an Emperor in the 3062 Class Six Championships.
- Sun-Tzu Liao, Chancellor of the Capellan Confederation, chose the Emperor as his personal 'Mech. While Sun-Tzu is known to have piloted his Emperor into combat, most notably beside Danai Centrella in support of Avanti's Angels mercenary unit on Astrokaszy, the Chancellor's bodyguards have also secretly piloted the 'Mech into combat as a means of boosting Capellan morale with its appearance on the battlefield, while keeping their charge safe from harm.  
- Nerran, a Clan Goliath Scorpion Seeker who discovered E6A-0001 - the very first Emperor built on Son Hoa during the Star League era - in a Brian Cache, restoring and piloting the relic as his personal 'Mech.
- In German products, the unit's proper name was translated to Imperator. The model code was accordingly changed to MPR-6A.
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 316
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 260
- Technical Readout: 3025, p. 120, "The BNC-3E Banshee was an early 'Mech design, produced in the same era as the MCK Mackie and the EMP Emperor."
- Technical Readout: 3058, p. 142
- Era Digest: Age of War, p. 22, "Random Assignment Table (Age of War)"
- MUL online
- Technical Readout: 2750, p. 52
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 224
- Technical Readout: 2750, p. 34
- Technical Readout: 2750, p. 36
- Technical Readout: 2750, p. 42
- Technical Readout: 2750, p. 48
- TechManual, p. 210
- TechManual, p. 207
- TechManual, p. 214
- TechManual, p. 221
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 4, p. 7, "EMP-1A Emperor"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 4, p. 24
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 261
- Technical Readout: Golden Century, p. 62
- Technical Readout: Golden Century, p. 118
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 317
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 262
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 318
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 263
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 319
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 264
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 77
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 320
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 265
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 321
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 266
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 174
- Record Sheets: Unique 'Mechs p. 15 - Emperor Nerran- Custom Variant published by BattleCorps website.
- Spotlight On: Crimson Seeker Star, p. 4
- Jihad Turning Points: Atreus, p. 2, 11, 16
- Jihad Turning Points: Atreus, p. 16
- BattleMech Manual, p. 91, Design Quirk Table
- Double-Blind, p. 299
- Jihad Turning Points: Sian p. 9, Final Stand
- BattleMech Manual
- Era Digest: Age of War
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 4
- Jihad Turning Points: Atreus
- Jihad Turning Points: Sian
- Master Unit List: Battle Values
- Record Sheets: 3055/3058
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League)
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades
- Record Sheets: Unique 'Mechs
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades
- Spotlight On: Crimson Seeker Star
- Technical Readout: Golden Century
- Technical Readout: 2750
- Technical Readout: 3025
- Technical Readout: 3058
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade