- This article is about the interstellar route. For the novel, see Exodus Road (novel).
The Exodus Road was the route established between the Clan Homeworlds and the Inner Sphere during Operation REVIVAL. At roughly 1,000 light years in length, it was a secret way through the stars leading more or less directly to the coreward border of the Inner Sphere and Periphery. Despite the name, this path is different to the meandering and far longer route originally taken by General Aleksandr Kerensky for Operation EXODUS. Nobody exactly knew the coordinates of the Exodus Road itself, the information was on purpose left secret to nearly everybody to avoid it being discovered by the Inner Sphere states.
The first ones to travel from Clan Homeworlds to the Inner Sphere were the Wolf's Dragoons at the beginning of their reconnaissance mission. Later, the first ship to make the way after the Exodus Fleet was the ComStar exploration vessel Outbound Light, which appearance at Huntress in 3048 triggered Operation REVIVAL. After the Clan Invasion, the Exodus Road became a key supply line between the invader clans and the Clan Homeworlds. To prevent the Inner Sphere forces to discover the road, the road was divided into several stages. Any ship that traveled the route had to erase its navigational data before the next part of the journey as a security measure. The Clans established HPG stations between both end points, to keep a direct communication. These stations also were responsible of unloading the parts of the Road to the ships who did the travel. The only one of these stations known was Pivot. The Explorer Corps of ComStar searched hard the Clan Homeworlds, launching at least an attack against Pivot station, who was defeated. At the end, the Exodus Road was gived to ComStar by the old Smoke Jaguar warrior Trent, making possible the launch of Task Force Serpent the Smoke Jaguars annihilation, and the establishment of an SLDF post on Huntress. After the Wars of Reaving the Home Clans destroyed all the stations of the Road, isolating themselves from the Inner Sphere. After that, the Exodus Road was abandoned.
No full route between the Inner Sphere and the Clan homeworlds has ever been made public but certain systems along the route(s) can be identified.
- New Samarkand: The starting point of Operation EXODUS with ships making the initial jump on 5 November 2784.
- Gutara: The last known location of the fleet in the records of the Inner Sphere, dated 2 January 2785.
- unnamed system: 19 August 2785, the Prinz Eugen Mutiny happened, nearest Inner Sphere planet is stated to be Gravenhage.
A "Reverse Exodus" away from Clan space.
- Barbados, a jungle world, was along original Exodus fleet route, but after the events of Clan Wolverine's Trial of Annihilation its location was removed from Clan maps.
Task Force Serpent
- Alpheratz starting point for Task Force Serpent on 19 July 3059.
- Waypoint Juniper, first waypoint for Task Force Serpent, one jump away from Alpheratz.
- Meribah, a system just over four months travel from the border of the Outworlds Alliance.
- unnamed system, 4 jumps and 120 LY past Meribah, site of Battle of Trafalgar.
- unnamed system, within 2 weeks travel of Battle of Trafalgar, has at least one habitable jungle world as of 30 December 3059.
- Waypoint Mulberry, 120 lightyears from Huntress. (19 February 3060)
- Pivot, a desertic planet
- Caliban Nebula, a large, elongated body of interstellar dust and gas.
- Gamma 12901 FQ
- Gamma 1301 LW
- Gamma 25098 3W
- Gamma 1551 AW
- The Clan: Warriors of Kerensky, p. 114 - "The Kerensky Cluster" (Map)
- Exodus Road (novel)
- Last Stop
- Betrayal of Ideals
- The Hunters, Ch. 17
- The Hunters, p. 155, "Chapter 18"
- The Hunters, Ch. 22
- The Hunters, Ch. 29
- Sword and Fire, Ch. 11