|Manufacturer||Detroit Consolidated MechWorks|
|'Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Armor||Hellespont Lite Stealth|
|Engine||ER Motors 275 XL|
|Communications System||FoxxCom 75|
|Targeting Tracking System||FoxxFire 75|
|Heat Sinks||10 double|
|Jump Jets||Nike Doublejet 9s|
|BV (2.0)||1,600 or 1,520|
The Eyleuka is a technological marvel of the late 3060s that owes everything to the Trinity Alliance, specifically the bond between the Magistracy of Canopus and Capellan Confederation. The Canopians benefited greatly, especially in military technology, but they wanted to prove that they could design a modern BattleMech without the Confederation's help. Five years after the commencement of R&D, the team from Detroit had little to show for their work; at the same time, the CCAF wanted a modern 'Mech for their commandos to use. The result of their collaboration is the Eyleuka.
Weapons and Equipment
The Eyleuka is a highly mobile medium 'Mech. Though it only has a top speed of 86 km/h, seven improved jump jets give it a maximum jumping distance of 210 meters. Nine and a half tons of stealth armor, powered by a Guardian ECM suite, give it decent protection especially at range, but also make it difficult to detect. A small cockpit makes piloting the 'Mech more difficult, while the compact gyro makes the gyroscope less vulnerable. The engine is a great deal more vulnerable, however, as the design incorporates an XL engine.
The 'Mech's largest weapon is the Spencer Selectable MML-9 launcher, which gives the MechWarrior the flexibility to utilize long- and short-range missiles. While rather worryingly placed on either side of the cockpit, three tons of ammunition impart the additional flexibility to make use of special munitions. At long range, the Eyleuka has a Diverse Optics Sunbeam ER large laser, but when it closes it can make use of a pair of Diverse Optics Type II ER medium lasers. A TAG can call direct deadly missiles or homing artillery.
While the Eyleuka is potent at all ranges, it is at its best when it can utilize its stealth armor and superior mobility to make it impossible for enemies to return fire.
- Though it never made it beyond the prototype stage, the 4A was the original Canopian design. It could only jump 180 meters, though it had a top speed of 97 km/h which could be boosted through MASC. The decidedly lower-tech machine used standard medium lasers and two Machine Gun Arrays consisting of four machine guns each instead of the missile launcher. It had standard armor, and used an active probe. The 4A variant was designed in 3067. BV (2.0) = 1,571
- The Eyleuka is named after a legendary queen of Ethiopia.
Original Eyleuka from TRO:3075
- MUL online date for the Eyleuka
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 79
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 151
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 78
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 60
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 149
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 61
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 150
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 62
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 152
- BattleMech Manual, p. 91: BattleMech Quirk Table - Eyleuka Entry